$299 PS3 slim vs $250 Wii

Ill put it this way
Cheaper PS3 makes it more likely ill be getting one
Not new mind you as I have other things that I want first and second hand ones will probably be about £200
The only 360 RPG worth playing is Tales of Vesperia, and that's being improved on the PS3. Granted Star Ocean 4 is awesome, but you need to be a real Sci-fi and Fantasy nerd to get into it. I love Halo for the Sci-Fi (guilty pleasure). I'm not the biggest L4D fan, narrow halls + hoards of undead + noobs = BAD, Not fun, shut off the 360. Lost Odyssey was good, but kind of standard feeling. Blue Dragon was a neutral, a good, but standard RPG fest.

Halo Wars is way too simple, StarCraft forever!

Gears 2... the online doesn't work...
Halo is rubbish
I have said my thoughts on Gears of War before but for those that haven't seen it see above

The PS3 has some RPGs that seem interesting (Cross Edge seems like it might be fun)
As long as it doesn't have the words "Fantasy" and "Final" on it im interested
194 hours in a video game= no life
What about 1000+ hours in Disgaea DS?

I think Sony is too worried about getting games that other consoles have too at the moment, instead of making a name for itself.

You're kidding, right? It's the opposite, in my opinion. Sony is investing time in getting games that other consoles don't have. They have noteworthy arsenal of in-house and 2nd party developers that are releasing many PS3 exclusives.

If anything, Sony is now trying more than ever to make a name for itself. And the PS3 Slim's extremely early existence is enough proof of that.

Last edited:
Sony confirmed that the brand new PS3 slim will be released in September 09 and will be priced at $299. That's only $50 more than the Wii and it includes HD graphics, way better online service, 120gig HDD, and a Blu ray player. Now that Sony also has shown trailers and demos of motion control games, Nintendo has got to do something asap. WiiHD? Wii price drop to $200?

What's the point in making this thread? Oh yeah, I know, to initiate epic flame wars.

You're kidding, right? It's the opposite, in my opinion. Sony is investing time in getting games that other consoles don't have. They have noteworthy arsenal of in-house and 2nd party developers that are releasing many PS3 exclusives.

If anything, Sony is now trying more than ever to make a name for itself. And the PS3 Slim's extremely early existence is enough proof of that.

Ps2 slim came out 4 years after original release, Ps3 slim comes out 3 years later. How is that a rush?

What's the point in making this thread? Oh yeah, I know, to initiate epic flame wars.

This is a very good thread. PS3 slim at $299 (only $50 more than Wii) is a very interesting topic in the video game market. Many undecided video game consumers are going to read and find this thread helpful. Everyone in hear is having normal discussions.

Ps2 slim came out 4 years after original release, Ps3 slim comes out 3 years later. How is that a rush?

Not quite 3 years, but yeah, close to it.

Anyway, I mean early in the console's current stage of sales performance, so-to-speak, not necessarily year-wise. Considering that PS3 is still in the thick of competition where most people still haven't even gotten a PS3, it is noticibly early of Sony to re-release it already when the current model still isn't as well-established as PS and PS2 were before their size reductions. Both psOne and PS2 slim released after their consoles were well-established in the competition, so this seems like the first time a slimline version is released to continue pulling the audience in rather than "reclaim" it.

My point is that the release of a slimline version was a much more aggressive move this time around (thanks to the competitive pressure this time around, no doubt).

Last edited:
Ill put it this way
Cheaper PS3 makes it more likely ill be getting one
Not new mind you as I have other things that I want first and second hand ones will probably be about £200

Halo is rubbish
I have said my thoughts on Gears of War before but for those that haven't seen it see above

The PS3 has some RPGs that seem interesting (Cross Edge seems like it might be fun)
As long as it doesn't have the words "Fantasy" and "Final" on it im interested

What about 1000+ hours in Disgaea DS?

Disgaea 3 is good stuff. It's just that I play it at 4 in the morning so I see stats in my dreams.

I know the peoples stance on Halo, maybe that's why I like it more. It's the only way I can really connect with the people in my school.

I also like Final Fantasy, number 6 was a good solid game.

I wanna play Cross Edge. I also downloaded this Neon Genesis thing off the the PSN, but I have no clue what it is. :sick:

Disgaea 3 is good stuff. It's just that I play it at 4 in the morning so I see stats in my dreams.
I kinda played the first two in my sleep

I also like Final Fantasy, number 6 was a good solid game.
Only ever like the Tactics ones
I wanna play Cross Edge. I also downloaded this Neon Genesis thing off the the PSN, but I have no clue what it is. :sick:
Isnt it a news broadcast thing?

Besides, having flame wars is all part of the forum life. Without it, it'd be really boring.

It's like online. You're never actually playing online until you hear your first 12 year old screaming boy.

Last edited:
It's like online. You're never actually playing online until you hear your first 12 year old screaming boy.
Or some 12 year old white kid pretending to be black talking about "His homys" and how he "Will pop a cap in your arse" until his mum calls him for his tea

Besides, having flame wars is all part of the forum life. Without it, it'd be really boring.

Well then technically I've NEVER played online... :ee5k:

that would mean my first online experience was yesterday. i was playing RE5 and i kept killing everyone before my partner so he kept trying to shoot me. he kept missing so i told him to learn how to aim and he starts scrsaming how in real life he could snipe me from a mile away and other crap. i just kicked him from the session and went on without him.

Back