PS3 slim review

Why is it DPrinny instead of DarkPrinny now Prinny?
I got the ARK out!!!!
But I liked the PS2 until they quit coming out with good games for it. That was a bummer.
Theres allways its back catalogue
When ever a console comes to the end of its life game stores try to off load a lot of its stock dirt cheap

I got the following for under a tenner
Both red Factions, XIII, Dead or alive 2, Mace Griffin, Total overdose
So nows a good time to buy games for it

i just bought a Ps3 slim yesterday, i dont have to worry about backwards compatable cause i was smart and kept my old Ps2

That's stupid, why'd they decide to do that?

Cost savings basically. The launch PS3's had both the CPU and graphics chip of the PS2 which enabled it to be 100% backward compatible. Later, to save money they took out one of those chips and used software to emulate the other - that allowed most PS2 games to still work. Later still, they removed the other chip and all PS2 compatibility was lost. Probably over half of the PS3's sold have no PS2 compatibility at all. The new PS3 slim is just the same in that regard.

To put it one way
Sony are cheap
The Early Jap PS3s could basically Sony gave the rest of the world a inferior model as a kind of "WE ARE JAPAN WE ARE BETTER" thing

To put it one way
Sony are cheap
The Early Jap PS3s could basically Sony gave the rest of the world a inferior model as a kind of "WE ARE JAPAN WE ARE BETTER" thing

The early US models are the same as the Japanese versions.

I still got my PS2(s). A 3 for Disgaea 3, Gran Tourismo 5, etc.

i personally would get the original, one i take good care of my things and wouldn't worry too much about finger prints, two i wouldn't wanna sacrifice the oc card reader and extra usb ports, three i hear that the slim will burn out after a few hours of gameplay and sometimes when i have a little too much time i can play the ps3 the whole day.

i just don't see why anyone would wanna trade off unless they want the extra memory and they like the way it looks but lets remember that beauty doesn't mean much to hardware.

oc is supposed to be os sorry.

Last edited:
i personally would get the original, one i take good care of my things and wouldn't worry too much about finger prints, two i wouldn't wanna sacrifice the oc card reader and extra usb ports,

The card readers and extra USB ports were all phased out of existing "fat" PS3's awhile back too.

three i hear that the slim will burn out after a few hours of gameplay

Preposterous!

Yeah the burning out after a few hours of gameplay is a TOTAL LIE. Whoever told you that just wants you to buy another console. No console on the current market does that.

If I get a second console, I would get a PS3 because I have an HDTV and I don't wanna pay for online, +I already have PS3 Rock Band equipment.

Back