PS3 slim review

Yeah the burning out after a few hours of gameplay is a TOTAL LIE. Whoever told you that just wants you to buy another console. No console on the current market does that.

i actually read that on a review, it was said that there was less room for a fan(don't remember whether it was internal or external ) and because of that it burns out earlier than a normal ps3. it seems very logical, if you can provide a source in which it says that it does not burn out earlier than i'd appreciate it a whole bunch :]

but remember a failure to mention it does not make it true.

three i hear that the slim will burn out after a few hours of gameplay and sometimes when i have a little too much time i can play the ps3 the whole day.

That's not going to happen. I haven't read about that in any of the reviews I have read, and I've read about 3 reviews so far.

Time will eventually reveal the console's true performance. That's why I usually wait a good while before getting a console that just launched. Xbox 360 should be a good example of that.

Last edited:
PS3 slim in T-minus 78 hours.

i actually read that on a review, it was said that there was less room for a fan(don't remember whether it was internal or external ) and because of that it burns out earlier than a normal ps3.

That reviewer is an idiot then. Part of what makes the slim possible is small, more efficient chips, which means less power used, which means less heat. With less heat, you don't need a big fan.

And do you seriously believe that a major electronics manufacturer would release a mass-consumer device that can only run for a few hours before it overheats?

it seems very logical, if you can provide a source in which it says that it does not burn out earlier than i'd appreciate it a whole bunch :]

It may only seem logical to those who know little about how electronics work. And besides, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

That reviewer is an idiot then. Part of what makes the slim possible is small, more efficient chips, which means less power used, which means less heat. With less heat, you don't need a big fan.

And do you seriously believe that a major electronics manufacturer would release a mass-consumer device that can only run for a few hours before it overheats?

It may only seem logical to those who know little about how electronics work. And besides, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

it seems logical because i've seen this before. please don't talk to me as if i know nothing of games. yes it uses less energy this is know. its more green yes yes yes. you don't have to be an elitist man. i'm just saying i woudn't be surprised because thats happened to the ps2 slim. i had a friend who had one burn out on us from like 8 hours of use.
to end my conversation that was one of my least concerns about that console and if bio say's its not true i admit my words were wrong..

and yes i do because the x box 360 burns out quick without its cooling fan.

it seems logical because i've seen this before. please don't talk to me as if i know nothing of games. yes it uses less energy this is know. its more green yes yes yes. you don't have to be an elitist man. i'm just saying i woudn't be surprised because thats happened to the ps2 slim. i had a friend who had one burn out on us from like 8 hours of use.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Just because your friend's PS2 Slim overheated doesn't automatically mean that it was because it was the slim model and not the regular model. Regular PS2's and PS3's have overheated - primarily due to faulty components - it would not have mattered how big the fan was.

Also not leaving it on for weeks on end helps.

depends on you. do you want more features and get the best out of your ps3 or do you just wanna get games and blue rays and a slimmer look??

The only feature missing from the slim is the ability to install Linux. Other than that, the slim has the same features as the currently available "fat" model.

Well, the hard drive size is different (120GB in slim versus 80GB or 140GB in the fat), but that's not really a feature difference.

PS3 slim in T-minus 78 hours.

Do you mean retail release? Because several stores everywhere have broken street dates like crazy. At least in the US, but I'm sure it has happened elsewhere, too.

Also not leaving it on for weeks on end helps.

I never understood why people do that. Even with hibernation.

Maybe that's why my fat PS2 still works like a charm. I never did that stuff.

I might be getting a PS3. Is the slim recommended over the fat? If so, can I have a few reasons?

So far, the only major advantages slim has is that it is more energy-efficient (uses 20 watts less), smaller, and has a bigger hard-drive (though somewhat irrelevant since all PS3s support non-proprietary hard drives).

Phat PS3 has compatability with another OS like Linux (for better internet browsing) and, should you get the right model (20, 60, or early 80 GB model), backwards compatability.

Last edited:
depends on you. do you want more features and get the best out of your ps3 or do you just wanna get games and blue rays and a slimmer look??

Give us some features that the current PS3 Fat has that the Slim doesn't have, because all I see is less USB ports.

Give us some features that the current PS3 Fat has that the Slim doesn't have, because all I see is less USB ports.

PS3 Slim and current PS3 Fat share the same amount of USB ports (two ports).

Back