Wii 2007 Preview

Out of those ten games, the three I'm looking forward to most, in order, are:

1) Disaster Day of Crisis. I love anything like this. Big scale disaster, battle for survival, etc. I have high hopes for this game, but I'm getting frustrated at the total lack of updates. Not a smidgin of information released for months.

2) Batallion Wars 2. I didn't play the original, and I didn't even know it existed until recently. I don't know much about it, and I don't know a great deal about this game either. But it looks fun, and it will have online play, one of the first Wii games to utilise the Wi-Fi capability of Nintendo's new console. Despite it being number 2 in my list of three, I'm not as certain of getting it as I am of games that I'm not overly-anticipating. Whether I get this or not really is going to depend on my impressions when I wander into town, pick up the game box and look on the back.

3) Metroid 3: Corruption. I'm not a fan of Metroid. I don't mean that I hate it, but that I've never really played it. But the potential of aiming and shooting with the Wii remote excites me a lot, and if it does have online play, I'll almost certainly purchase it.

Out of the other seven games, I'm almost certainly going to get Super Mario Galaxy and Excite Truck, and I'll at least briefly consider Mario Strikers Charged. In fact, out of all six games I've mentioned, Super Mario Galaxy is the only one I'll definitely, without a doubt, get. But I'm just not hand-clappingly excited, probably because I've just completed New Super Mario Bros on the DS and need a while to build up some new enthusiasm for Mario.

The Wii is going to have some awesome games out next year. I expect most, if not all, of these ten titles to sell well, while Animal Crossing Wii and Mario Kart Wii are half-confirmed/rumoured.

WiiDS said:
There's nothing wrong with basing predictions for an upcoming game on games the same company already has out. It makes sense. Killer 7 was good, so I assume No More Heroes will be too. I don't know, maybe it's just me but a free-roam game with the graphical style of an anime starring an assassin with a lazer katana seems pretty damn awesome.

Its going to Be Free Roam? thats a change from Killer 7. But yeah i like the looks of this game too, itll be on my list.

this is just the tip of the ice berg for 2007 im not worried at all, i think their will be plenty of awsum wii games

I have Excite Truck, it's ok. You guys should rent it first when it comes to Europe.

En4Neo said:
I have Excite Truck, it's ok. You guys should rent it first when it comes to Europe.

They've sure been stepping up the advertising campaign - i've seen two commercials for it so far today.

Excite Truck is more than ok.

It's greaTTTT. lol

I have it guys and if your in the UK, definently get it when it comes out. You'll have a lot fun with it.

why did he put Excite Truck and not Sonic? Or Mario Party? Or Dragon Quest? Or Pokemon? I've also heard rumors of Red Steel 2 out this year is that true?

Back