Wii Ads Pulled Because of Scarcity

Disturbed1

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2007
Concord, CA
Wii Online Code
7914-9240-2291-0710
Nintendo has a well-known campaign of ads for the Wii with a pair of Japanese men demoing the Wii for random consumers. If you enjoy these commercials, you'll probably be forced to search on Youtube for them, as Nintendo is now temporarily ceasing their advertisements for the Wii due to the product's popularity.

A spokesperson for Nintendo said "We have been running the campaign all year round, but we want to take a responsible stance this Christmas and not fuel demand."

Nintendo will instead focus its advertising on the DS, presumably until the Wii is in better supply.

Source

Disturbed1 said:
Nintendo has a well-known campaign of ads for the Wii with a pair of Japanese men demoing the Wii for random consumers. If you enjoy these commercials, you'll probably be forced to search on Youtube for them, as Nintendo is now temporarily ceasing their advertisements for the Wii due to the product's popularity.

A spokesperson for Nintendo said "We have been running the campaign all year round, but we want to take a responsible stance this Christmas and not fuel demand."

Nintendo will instead focus its advertising on the DS, presumably until the Wii is in better supply.

Source

I read that they will stop the asd in the Uk, but did they say they will stop the ads here too?

I lIke those ads.

Canuck said:
Whats wrong with the Wii's popularity? :scared:

No, No. You misunderstand! There's nothin WRONG with it. It just than Nintendo can't keep up with the demand and the adds would make it WORSE, and it would seem crappy to advertise something you can't supply!

Heheh, I suppose this is good news for Nintendo. Really though, hurry up and make some more of those babies.

Hmm, I'm still seeing those ads in my area fairly regularly. Even if they stopped advertising as of this very second, it's WAY too late in the season for it to have any effect on Christmas demand. I call shenanigans.

Well its not Christmas time yet, so they could decide to pull em' on Christmas Eve even :lol:

Yeah, at this point, ANyone who wants a Wii already know about it lolz, ANy one who is thinking about getting one knows about it already and has Internet. Anyone who hasn't heard of it sucks lolz. Nintendo knows they can't suppy enough Wiis and many kids will get a picture of a Wii for Christmas lolz. Just like my Moms getting a Picture of her Fireplace and Im getting a Picture of the PSP Slim Daxter Bundle and a Picture of Guitar Hero 3. Just so you know I don't mean picture as you they can't afford it, I mean like a raincheck for reserved copy or money, Its just a term

They should still air the commercials. That just adds "fuel to the fire" , like they said. Why doesn't Nintendo want that??
Fuel to the Fire = More Sales ...... I got mine a while ago:lol:

trisyyy said:
what is he dead?

EDIT:eek:h, i'm srry, that rest in peace thing is ur sig, oppps!

it's alright, i can see how you thought that was part of the post, the line kinda blends in

zurukea said:
Yeah, at this point, ANyone who wants a Wii already know about it lolz, ANy one who is thinking about getting one knows about it already and has Internet. Anyone who hasn't heard of it sucks lolz. Nintendo knows they can't suppy enough Wiis and many kids will get a picture of a Wii for Christmas lolz. Just like my Moms getting a Picture of her Fireplace and Im getting a Picture of the PSP Slim Daxter Bundle and a Picture of Guitar Hero 3. Just so you know I don't mean picture as you they can't afford it, I mean like a raincheck for reserved copy or money, Its just a term
Note really though, advertisements do a lot more than most think. And I'm perfectly happy with how there keeping a regular pace with Wii manufacturing because we all know what happened with Microsoft and manufacturing the Xbox 360's to fast. I wouldn't want that to happen, even though I'm currently Wii-less. My 360 is being shipped tomorrow because of the Red Rings and I want a Wii!!!

I really thought that by now Nintendo would have put more resources into production.

Back