Wii and Macs

krnk123

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I tried to set up my wireless router with my wii but all i get is the error code and i tried everything. Are wiis able to connect with Apple Base stations in the first place?

yeah and i put it in but it doesnt work what setting did you change for your base station settings?

Make sure you check the mac Filter. Not Mac as in apple, mac as in mac address. If you have a mac filter then you must add the Wii's mac address (located in console Information in settings) to the safe list. If not, then it must be some other problem

Ok i am completely lost on this whole thing. Forgive me i am really new to the mac and doing anything wireless for that matter. I can not figure out how to connect. I have founf the Mac address as stated in the earlier post. But after that i am lost. Also i only have airport express if that makes a difference. Thanks for any and all help

The usual problem that users have when they're connecting to any wireless network is that they forget to try different wireless password encryptions like WPA2 or WEP 128-Hex, these are things that you should fiddle with until you find out which is the right encryption, or look at your router to find out. I'm an Apple technician and this is a constant problem, it's not your fault, you just didn't know. Tell me if that's helpful ^_^

I have tried that option as well, what i just recently tried was finding the password for me express. I typed that in where it askes you too, I get the test connection to work but when it says that is dl some updates that is where it stops working. I am currently in the Airport Admin Utility trying to add the MAC address but do not know what to do then

ok so can someone with a apple base station post what they exactly did

Open up Airport Admin Utility (located in /Applications/Utilities) and double-click on your airport base station. Go to the Access Control tab, and click on the + icon on the right-hand side. Enter the MAC address of the Wii (found in Wii Options -> Wii Settings Page 2-> Internet -> Console Information). Give the Wii a name, then click on OK. Click on Update to apply the settings and reboot the airport.

it doesn't work i don't know why but it just cant connect i get error 5201 or sumthin

i am using WES encryption, the apple base station is downstairs in the basement and the another station right behind a wall behind the Wii. I tried the various encryption settings on the Wii, but it doesn't work. When i scan for an access point the stations show up but when i try to connect it doesn't work. Please help me. i

i have not even if it works my dad wants encryption on the network so i have no luck there

Last edited:
I would just try takeing your wireless encryption off just to test if that is it. What fixed it for me is to just reset my router to default settings. Then I was able to connect

Back