Wii and Macs

Alright, I had this problem at home, what you want to do is check your router settings and give you Wii a Static (fixed) IP address (192.168.1.110 for me) and then make sure that your wii has all ports forwarded so that your console can access everything through TCP and UDP ports.

I was using a Linksys router that I bought yesterday, so I had some other things to deal with, if you would like more information, boot up your Wii, make the error code pop up, and write it down, go online with your computer and go into http://support.nintendo.com Then just follow the directions that Nintendo gives you, it's worth it.

Double-check that your router is set to use 802.11B and G, as opposed to G-only. Some people have been noting there was problems when using a router in G-only mode.

Oh,

Don't forget!
Set your wireless to broadcast on channel 1 or 11, because those are the channels that allow for faster download/upload for the Nintendo Wi-Fi.

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and I'm having trouble connecting with my Airport Extreme to my Wii. The problem is I keep getting that annoying error 51330 I've yet to see if the Wii is in my mac adress (as said above) but was wondering about the security connections wpa and wep I can use Wpa but which do I use they all work?

ps is the password for your Airport like a short one you set or is it that long string of letters and numbers (i'm new to macs forgive please)

If it's not a lot of trouble, plug your mac into your WIRED connection and share it's Ethernet connection over airport (use your mac as a router) it gives a good range, that's what I do. Let me know and I'll PM you the details, I'm too lazy to look 'em up if you don't need 'em.

I'm sure it's easy to use the base stations as well but I don't have one. If you can find a guide online of setting up a DS for your Base Station, the exact same settings will apply to Wii. Only the DS menu will say gateway where your Wii says router on the DNS settings page. That probably would have been obvious when you got to the screen but hopefully you'll be able to get it set up from this without needing more help. Waiting sucks!

Make sure you are using the Airport's Equivalent Network Password - which may not be the same as the password you use to access the Airport - go to the Airport Admin Utility and log in to the Configure it; once you do that you will see an Equivalent Network Password under the Base Station pull down menu; use this password with the Wii. Hope this helps

wow you guys respond fast, here's the problem i can't use a wired connection because the T.V has to stay upstairs and the internet downstairs =(. Sinse no one in my family knows the airport pasword and its not in keychain i dont see a way to get it and therefore I can't configuremy airport etc. I used an unlocked acess point i picked up on but it still sent my error code 51330 if that indicates anything please tell me, thanks for all your helps hopefully sooner then later ill be using VC

I did reset the airport pw but, unfortunatly im still getting that 51330 can anyone tell me what I should do now!?!??!!

>.<;;; NINTENDO!!!!!

Thanks a bunches people I fixed it and bought super mario 64 its super awesome! how do i find my friend code and make an account?

Back