Wii and TP freeze

cutnudown

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
4543-0733-7679-2146
So i was playing TP trying to get past the level where u gotta protect the caravan and get it to death mountain. I pushed the home key to pause it for a second, when my Wii :shocked: froze :mad5: . The reset button didn't work either, i had to hold the power button on... the photo is well dodgy cause its my camera phone. It was also repeating a noise over 'n over like a program on your PC might if it closes down in error. First time I've heard or seen this, hopefully the last. Kinda reminded me of the old NES days when u had to blow into the cartridge to get it to work sometimes... :lol:

cutnudown said:
It was also repeating a noise over 'n over like a program on your PC might if it closes down in error.

Sounds like the Wii was pushing itself to read the disc.

Silly question, but was the disc clean? Being a new game, you shouldn't get
these kind of issues (yet) as it hasn't had time to subdue to ware & tear.

Just hope it wont do it again :)

if that ever happens again it is recomended that you unplug the dwire in the back of the wii so you can shut off the wii and plug it back in it should be finr

Hmm... I have had the Wii for weeks. But just this morning, when I was playing Red Steel, it froze. Even stranger, when it froze, there was a high-pitched buzzing noise. And when I tried to turn off the Wii, it didn't do anything. The reset button didn't even work. So I did the only thing I could think of, and unplugged the component cables, and then I unplugged the Wii itself. And then I replugged it all in, and it was working fine again... I want to know, was that also a disk problem?

Kherrek508 said:
And then I replugged it all in, and it was working fine again... I want to know, was that also a disk problem?
It might be a disk read problem. Or it could be a development problem. Ubisoft was trying to put so much new gameplay (swords, point at screen for aiming), they might have missed some minor bugs that cause it to freeze if the conditions are just right. It shouldn't happen again and they might release an update via WiiConnect24 in the near future. Almost all next-gen consoles/games will freeze at one time or another.

Back