Wii Audio - Enjoy

SSilver2k2

WiiChat Member
Jan 22, 2007
Hello All!

First, a small introduction. My name is SSilver2k2, I have been in the nintendo homebrew scene since roughly 2000, I was/am an OP in #GBADEV, #DSDEV, and #WIIDEV on both the efnet and Blitzed IRC Channels.

About a month and a half ago I was undergoing surgery to remove pins from my knee from a previous accident, and it left me with a couple weeks of spare time...

so i got bored and made Wii Audio. Its an MP3 player / searcher / streamer from your computer to your Wii.

the owner of this forum has approached me and asked me to release it to the fine users of WiiChat, and you know what, why not.

This is very BETA software. I have been testing with a small group of people from another forum so please be aware that there is a lot of work left to do. Right now my priorities are finding someone who can help me with the flash work, since the current player sucks super monkey balls.

My next priority is video. Right now, i have flash encoding of windows media, avi, and mpeg files from your computer to your wii working and I am very excited about this capability. You can watch your movies that are sitting on your computers hard drive on your wii tv screen. Its really really cool.

The download link is on http://www.wiiaudio.com/beta

The beta does not have WiiVIDEO capabilities yet. I am hoping to release the next version sometime this week with basic video streaming. Just got some bugs to work out.

Hope everyone enjoys, and please post comments. I am diligently working on bugs and features.

PS: it does stream audio to your wii and allows you to search by artists. Its very simple to use. My AIM is SSilver2k2 if you need any help.

Back