Wii beats Apple TV

first of all, that person likes crappy music. Secondly, what's the big deal about watching youtube videos on your tv?

You can really compare the twom as they are mean't for differnt purposes. It's like comparing a fridge and a microwave oven. Although not really, but still. Apple TV lets you watch all the videos downloaded onto your computer, Wii can't do that. It's more for watching videos you have on your computer on TV, or a projector. And another cool thing I saw, was someone using a hacked apple TV to play emulated games on their TV using a N64 controller. But they aren't directly comparable. If you want to watch videos on youtube, then Wii's better. But that doesn't make one better than the other, as they are two comletely different things.

I was thinking about getting a Apple TV and after talking with a guy at the Apple store I realized that it's not that great.

First of all you stream all music and video from your PC or MAC it does not actually store it on the Apple TV. No big deal really but it would be nice to store it on it's hard drive.

Second none of the shows or movies that are available for download are not HD quality.

Third photos are the best fit for apple tv and are stored on the hard drive of the unit. The larger the resolution the better.

Fourth there is no TIVO / DVR type function.

Fifth there is no computer function. Basically it's a IPOD type device that hooks up to your TV.

I spoke with the salesperson and after talking we both decided that right now if you own a HDTV the only real purpose would be to display your photos. Other than that it's a waste. Until Apple offers higher quality videos and the ability to save them on the Unit and not on your PC or MAC and i tunes store compatibility with out the use of a PC or MAC I will not get one.

All in all it's a great idea but some things need to be added or changed in order for me to buy one.

I thought that you could store stuff on the Apple TV or just stream it from your computer? I think that the Apple TV is pretty cool, but it would make more sense for me to just hook my Mac up to my TV, which I have though about doing anyway. Then I could just use Front Row to do most of what I could do on an Apple TV.
Edit: Why doesn't this forum recognize the Apple symbol?

Apple-logo.jpg
There's an apple!

paintba||er said:
I mean the symbol it makes when you press option+shift+K on a Mac. I will take a screenshot of it.
picture2fs0.png

Um I assume you are a girl from your pink text but if you happen to be a guy I don't mean to offend you.

That command only works if you are using a mac

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
Um I assume you are a girl from your pink text but if you happen to be a guy I don't mean to offend you.

That command only works if you are using a mac
I'm a guy, and I know it only works on Macs, which is why I said "when you press option+shift+K on a Mac."
Edit: This is kinda on the same topic, but I just wanted to let you guys know that the new 160GB Apple TV just came out for $399, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Youtube on AppletV is cool. Also check out youtube videos on services like moowee.tv on the Wii. This service makes it easier to navigate through the youtube videos

Who gives a crap I want a console to play games not to become a PC

Back