Wii Buzz

ISF215

WiiChat Member
Jul 29, 2007
Wii Online Code
7505-8444-9404-6230
Is the wii suposed to make a buzzing noise in the wii menu? thank you in advance

Yeah, it could be your tv.
But the wii does make some noises, so its not out of the ordinary if they make some. However if there are noises followed by freezing or irregularities in your game, it could be your system.

Yeah, I have never heard any buzzing noises coming from my Wii console either, so it may just be from your TV.

I've had my Wii for almost a week, and yesterday it started doing the same thing. The buzzing is clearly related to the disc drive, and it doesn't happen all the time. So far, there have been no game issues related to it. Is this a new problem for newer Wiis? Related to a recent update maybe? I really, really don't want to send this thing off right after getting it.

ditto

i've got the same problem. i didn't really notice it at first but when i brought it to my boyfriend's house (wooden floors) the noise was more noticeable. people suggested turning it off and "letting it rest" but i haven't played with it since a couple days ago and it's still buzzing. it only buzzes when there's a disc in the drive. so i know where it's coming from, but i don't know how to fix it.

If I remember correctly from the Nsider forum (and that's a big IF....) the buzzing noise from the Wii was caused by the device that spins the discs. (bearings going out or something to that effect.) If it is the same issue I am thinking of, it will get worse. You may be better off calling Customer Service.

I think it a problem with the disc drive if i were you ISF i would call custemer support and send the wii in for a replacement.

Back