Wii Channels Question....

wii_blaze

BtS \,,/
Jan 6, 2008
Australia
My Wii isn't currently connected to the internet, and therefore I cannot access media that way. Is there a way for me to download Channels and other stuff for my wii, and transfer them to the Wii using a USB Drive or something similar...??

Thanks in advance for any help

No, these Channels are made by Nintendo and can only be saved to the Wii, therefore you can't download them and suppose you do find some you wouldn't be able to transfer them either. Your only solution is the Sop Channel.

Yeah, you will need an internet connection to get those channels.
Your not really missing much in the form of fun, but later on down the road you will want a connection for when the better channels come out.

Check the online section of the forum if you need help with the online details.

Thanks for the answers ;) I will have to look into atleast temporarily hooking it up to the internet so I can download channels etc for my Wii :)

Just take your wii to a friend or neighbors house and use their wifi or search for an access point from a hotel or coffee shop close to you

Quick question regarding that, does it have to be wireless or can I get a USB wire for my modem and hook it up to the back of the wii...??

wii_blaze said:
Quick question regarding that, does it have to be wireless or can I get a USB wire for my modem and hook it up to the back of the wii...??

No can't use a USB connection directly from the modem to the Wii. There is a LAN adapter for the Wii that you can get that plugs into the USB port and then lets you plug an ethernet cable into your Wii. Either that or wireless.

yeah internet connection is the best route to go for all of the above reasons and if wiichat's internet F.A.Q isn't much help I have a Nintendo Wii Technical Support page on myspace that helps with people who are looking to connect to the internet and is step by step instructions, go to:
myspace.com/1upNWTSS

Pantalaimn said:
Just take your wii to a friend or neighbors house and use their wifi or search for an access point from a hotel or coffee shop close to you

Thats a good Idea, as long as you don't join someones personal network or private business without permission, it will be legal. Coffee Shops and Hotels would class as designated HotSpots.

Last edited:
Back