Wii Chess

fiveryanfrenzy

Wii Citizen
Nov 29, 2006
I would like to see games like Chess on a Wii Channel (multiplayer online) so you can have a game running even when the system is in standby.

As if the board is always set up with the current game and you can log on whenever you want to make a move, the blue light flashes when a move has been played to get your attention, etc.

1+ Days to move etc.

I mean once the browser is ready you could just use gameknot.com and such but it would be cool if it was integrated with the wii software so it could notify you of moves/game invites/tournaments etc, and have the wii GUI.

that'd be cool have like a MO channel with chess checkers and some others? they will probably make this a game like they did for the DS (club house games?)

exactly but the key feature being that you could keep a game going for days, pop in to make a move when you can find the time (within a time limit of a few days) and have it do the blue glowy notification when its your move in a game you have going.

that's a great idea. you should save it so if we ever get the tools to make our own VC games, which I've heard kicked around, though at this point I would say is unofficial, you've got a nice little Wii Points earner on your hands.

i think my name says how much i love this idea. However im assuming ill be able to do all my redhotpawn chess moves via the opera browser once it gets its slow arse onto the wii... Great idea though. I assume 'clubhouse games' is that 42 game thing? The name was differant in UK. Havnr got it, but may do one day....

Don't people already play chess through post, wouldn't it be possible to do this using the Wii Message service? Still a fully fledged game sounds like a great idea, would be nice if your idea was used in say something like 42 All Time Classics (DS), I'm sure there's many Backgammon and Snakes and Ladders fans out there wanting a piece of it too.

I think it would be a great idea. And make it so your controller chirps whenever a move has been made or someone joins your game.

RichardC01 said:
Don't people already play chess through post, wouldn't it be possible to do this using the Wii Message service? Still a fully fledged game sounds like a great idea, would be nice if your idea was used in say something like 42 All Time Classics (DS), I'm sure there's many Backgammon and Snakes and Ladders fans out there wanting a piece of it too.

good idea, i'll try to set it up so that my email address for my chess account is my wii address and see if it sends move notifications there...

might not authenticate

RichardC01 said:
Don't people already play chess through post, wouldn't it be possible to do this using the Wii Message service? ...

This is the first thing I thought. If anyone has a spare chess set they wish to setup and would like to get a Wii message game going, please PM me.

I think the possibilities of online gaming is endless once the browser is launched. Yahoo games I can see being fun. There is also Wiicade.com ready to go when Opera is.

-Bobby

Remember Nintendo wants to make lots of money. If we are playing FREE channels like Chess, we aren't buying Wii or VC games to play. I think this is why Nintendo's VC offerings are so bad, we are all probably buying the crappy VC's because that is all there is. And Nintendo knows no matter how many crappy VC's we buy now, we will still buy the good VC's when available.
Just my pessimistic 2 cents.

Mr. Sam Pooka said:
Remember Nintendo wants to make lots of money. If we are playing FREE channels like Chess, we aren't buying Wii or VC games to play. I think this is why Nintendo's VC offerings are so bad, we are all probably buying the crappy VC's because that is all there is. And Nintendo knows no matter how many crappy VC's we buy now, we will still buy the good VC's when available.
Just my pessimistic 2 cents.

Thats a good point. Chances are i wont be able to get a classic controller until next year anyway- cant wait untill lylat Wars and the other good N64 games come out.

Back