Wii Console will not read any disc - please help

I would assume this happened suddenly without warning, and the Wii experienced no known physical damage prior to this disk read issue?

There are a number reason that could cause this; an offset or dirty lens, the Wii's age catching up to it (if your Wii is quite old), the very rare chance that your new Wii happened to be faulty, etc. Your best bet is to go to Nintendo's official support website and request a repair.

Mine's just done this, gutted! Am I right in thinking I can transfer my mw3 game save data to an sd card and then use it on a new console? I am sure I read somewhere that you may have problems, but can't remember where I saw it.It's just there's an exchange place close by but man if I lost my progress on the online multiplayer I'd be tempted not to bother restarting the game again and may get a PS3 instead. Any ideas chaps?

Games that have online capabilities (or at the least, multiplayer) can't have their saved data moved to SD cards. Ninty did this to prevent hackers from easily inserting maxed out profiles with everythin' unlocked and such.

... Unfortunately, it's come back to bite gamers like you and I in the ass (and didn't prevent these hackers from profile hacking for more than a few ****in' days). =/ Sadly, I'm 99% sure ya won't be able to move your MW3 stuff to an SD card.

Picked up a new console after Activision said my online profile would still be available to me even on a different console. I can't flippin work out how to find it or apply it to new console. They said normal game data would be lost but online is saved on their servers. Any ideas chaps? I've just played half a game of mw3 with the pooh guns and no claymores, not fun lol

It's probably a faulty disk and/or a faulty Wii. You should clean the disk before inserting it into the Wii or it's either the Wii has been over heated and messed up the Wii memory.

Back