Wii Consoles, Games, Regions

mrdemonwizard

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2007
Hey,

I played on the Wii for the first time the other night and was pretty impressed, to the point that I may actually get one. Can anyone help me out with the whole region ideals please? I'm trying to do my homework and learn about the console at the mo. Are the games set to regions, like most of the other consoles, or have they made them region free now, e.g buying the game in the USA and playing it on a console from the UK?

The other thing was that is the guarantee a worldwide universal guarantee? e.g, I bought my iPod in the States, and thats covered worldwide, but some games console manufacturer's will only allow the warranty valid in the country that you purchased it from, so if I bought a Wii in the States, and it broke, could I get it replaced or fixed over here in the UK?

Any help would be a help at the mo.

Thanks.

Hey, welcome to the forums, and good on you for deciding to get a Wii. The Wii does have region locking, so you can only play games bought in the same region as the console was. As far as warranty coverage, I honestly don't know... Good luck in buying one!

yeah the games are region locked.

another thing to remember is the power supply issue (difference in voltage for US and UK) so remember you would need an adapter

and from what i have heard, the warranty wont be valid in another region..

yeah and good luck getting hold of a wii ;)

Back