wii cooling fan worth the cash?

Skippy said:
The Wii is designed to work perfectly well without one. Save your money.

Yeah, so was the 360. :lol:

I have one. It keeps it cooler when it is in standby because it stays on. It also helps when it is on because it helps force air in rather than just making the stock fan do all the work. Cooler running temps = longer life.

I had a discussion with a Nintendo rep. with this issue. She said that the warmest the Wii gets is when its in standby...updating. And that warmth is perfectly fine and normal.

I have a cooling fan only because it was given to me by the gaming company i work for, I would not have bothered wasting money on one.

cannon said:
I have a cooling fan only because it was given to me by the gaming company i work for, I would not have bothered wasting money on one.
Dude you should totally have a garage sale and then zachp18 can buy it from you! :crazy:

It's useless.

Wii only gets hot when in standby mode AND laying flat in horizontal position (heat from the wireless module inside the Wii)

Since the fan is a vertical stand, it's totally useless.

[COLOR="Green"]dude i would never buy a cooling fan. the wii was made to work with its original fan inside. buy something else with ur money.:yesnod: [/COLOR]

hey DCHAO[/U] r u blocking the fan? because on my wii when it is on stnd by mode it does not get hot. there is alot of room behind my wii.:nono: :nonod:

Can say that the fan helps, but mine definitely looks better with the blue leds on the stand. Got mine from TMove, you can check it out here

trevorsantos said:
hey DCHAO[/U] r u blocking the fan? because on my wii when it is on stnd by mode it does not get hot. there is alot of room behind my wii.:nono: :nonod:

My wii gets hot when it is in standby mode. I unplug the AC adapter overnight to cool it down. I play Wii-sports and Twilight Princess and I usually spend about 3 hours a day or less on my Wii.

Gr34t3st said:
My wii gets hot when it is in standby mode. I unplug the AC adapter overnight to cool it down. I play Wii-sports and Twilight Princess and I usually spend about 3 hours a day or less on my Wii.
I think I said this earlier in the thread but its better to keep the Wii a constant temperature. Heat cycles are more damaging than constant warmth.

ciper said:
I think I said this earlier in the thread but its better to keep the Wii a constant temperature. Heat cycles are more damaging than constant warmth.

Thanks I'm just going to turn off Wiiconnect24. I uped your rep for telling me that. I could've hurt my console. Thanks.

Back