Wii cooling stand 50% off at GameStop/EBgames from 5/26

billcsho

WiiChat Member
May 21, 2007
I saw the list of their memorial day sale a few days ago on a forum that includes their premium component cable and cooler stand for Wii. The cable is still very expensive but the $9.99 (after discount) cooler is a very good deal. It is the pretty much the same as the Brando's cooler but with GameStop's logo on it. The same cooler is selling at $15-$20 elsewhere. I picked up one this morning. It is pretty quite.
Product page at Gamestop.com. More pictures on this site. There are some wrong information in the user comments. I guess they bought a different cooler stand for Wii. First, the blue light can be turn off. It has 3 setting positions: Off/light/light+fan. Second, the fan runs even at standby/Connect24 mode. Third, this model does not have the holder for WiiMote or Nunchuk. It is the same shape as the original stand by with a smaller foot print and is transparent. Fourth, the fan is very quite.

Anyway, $9.99 is perhaps the cheapest cooler stand for Wii if you need one.

I find it surprising that it stays on during wiiconnect24. Due to that feature I might look into this. Oh, and also for the sexy led :cool:. BTW does anyone know if the led is the same color as the wii? it looks a little lighter...

Thanks for the info *REPPED* Will you rep me back baby? :wink:

well if all you are doing is routing power through it, and it has it's own switch, how would the fan NOT work during WC24?

There be a thread made by me where you can post your wii accessories finds, try posting it there =]

I would link but im on the wii

Brawny said:
well if all you are doing is routing power through it, and it has it's own switch, how would the fan NOT work during WC24?
I saw some other model used a dongle at the power port of Wii to power the fan, but this one use a simple USB adapter cable.

Why would you need a cooler thingy if you don't play for....24 hours at a time.I mean come on I have left Madden 07' on for 24 hours and the only problem I have is with the disk. Every once and awhile it will freeze.

first, don't double post, and use the accessories sticky rach was talking about.

Hold on, I'll find it.

Personally, the only reason I would buy it would be for the led. A 10 dollar led aint that bad imo if it looks tite. So, my question remains: Is the led on the cooler the same color as the wii led? because it looks a lot lighter.

Back