Wii-Demo

sithmagician

Sith guy
May 31, 2007
Wii Online Code
4505-3094-7418-7845
Wouldnt it be awsome if there was a Wii-Demo Channel! Like every so often a demo would be released and you would be informed by some kind of alert and you could go to the Wii-Demo Channel and play the demo for the upcoming game..... It would be way sweet. But It wont happen.

Actually it will and it's on the way. It's been mentioned more and more lately. I haven't seen an estimated date or anything but I keep seeing 3rd party companies mention getting their demos up on the Shop Channel and stuff. So do hold your breath :)
Even if they hadn't mentioned it, it's not a huge stretch to think it'd happen considering Nintendo's been allowing the same kinda thing with the DS and the Download Stations for a while now. I'm just figuring of all the things I want from Nintendo, I'm happier to think they're focusing more on Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB at the moment.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a total guess but I could see Nintendo launching a Wii Demo Channel with Super Mario Galaxy as the first download. Probably just a gameplay video since Mario games are usually not the types to have demos so much.

People have been saying this before the Wii even came out. There's supposed to be a DS demo download through the Wii but I never heard anything that seemed official saying you could download Wii demos.

It's not worth bothering with unless they enable external hard-drives and even then a lot wouldn't buy them so they channel wouldn't get much use.

i would buy an external hard drive because i am already over half capacity because of VC games. and you Nintendo 64 Kid thing is great haha

The only problem I see about this idea, is that the demos may need a massive amount of space to be stored on. I believe that the 360 demos take 1gb+ space, or maybe I'm wrong :p

Ditto here on the external hard drive. I don't care much about physical space. I like that the Wii is small and all but I wouldn't mind if I had to double the size just to get a lot more hard drive space or DVD playability or whatever. I'm perfectly happy with the Wii but if they wanna release anything to give it even more potential, amen.

Back