wii dvd?

wishawii

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
if there is not dvd play back then will there be some sort of add on or softwave disk to upgrad the dvd (if there is one that they have set to off or something) to be able to play dvds?

From what I've heard, they are coming out with a whole new Wii with a DVD player, I think next year. They should have done software or something.

Let me just say, if you purchase a $249.99 gaming machine, and you don't already have a DVD player.... I think some priorities may be out of wack!

to let you al know i have a dvd player already i would just like to know if it had one that was enabled is all:)

I heard they would be able to release a DVD decoding software for download, the games run off DVD's so it should be easy to pay say an extra $20 and get the program to play DVD's right? Maybe they mean that as opposed to a whole new console release.

i personly think it is a bad move that they bring a new console out with dvd enabled instead of an up date i hope they just up date instead of bring out a new console:wink:

Taero said:
I heard they would be able to release a DVD decoding software for download, the games run off DVD's so it should be easy to pay say an extra $20 and get the program to play DVD's right? Maybe they mean that as opposed to a whole new console release.
i hope you are right.

yerh i see your ponit but i still think mabey having some sort of upgrade would be cool:thumbsup:

not saying u said this,but i just this its crazy how ppl compare the wii to the other systems n not happy that the wii dont play dvds. what the heck do u want it to play dvds for anyways? surely almost everyone owns one,it is 2006 people! so why would u wanna play dvds on the wii when u got a dvd player? n if u dont go buy one. there like 20 bucks lol

lordsknightn said:
i heard it was only in japan that the dvd version was coming out

Yes you are correct in saying this. The DVD version of the Wii will only be released in Japan and Nintendo have no plans for an International launch.

DVD players have become such a commodity that anyone who is upset at this news needs to count how many DVD players they already have in their home. It is an unnecessary extra.

to let you all know i have a dvd player already i would just like to know if it had one that was enabled is all
i said this earlir on the forum just to let you all know i was just intresed is all i have several dvd players:) opps i just cant spell sorry

Last edited:
Back