Wii emulator runing games at 720P?

I agree it's expensive, but wait when the HDfury team launch the Wii exclusive HDMI adapter. It's like the MadCatz HDMI adapter for the xbox360, but far better (upscale to 720p and 1080p without an AC power adapter) and I think the price will be 50 bucks or less.

For the people that can buy one of these devices won't be disappointed...

Last edited:
If your really into having the best graphics

Why do you have a Wii?

Darkprinny Quote: If your really into having the best graphics

Why do you have a Wii?

Becose I love my Wii and I think the Wii can do much more than we see to date, is question that developers mastering the Wii's hardware. Yesterday I see the Virtual Tennis screenshoots and are very close to the xbox360/ps3 versions the only difference is these versions run in 1080p and the Wii version run at 480p. What going to happen if I use the upscaler from 480p to 1080p?
The game will look exactly as a xbox360/ps3 version.

Last edited:
no it won't. it just plain won't. believe what you will, but the vii version of VT WILL look different than the PS/360. are you also sure that you were looking @ wii screens and not ps/360 screens?

even if HDfury makes an HDMI-wii cable, it will not automatically transform the image into 1080p, even if it is an HDMI cable. it just won't.

it will also not be under $50. their hdmi-vga cable is over 100£

btw, how old are you?

no it won't. it just plain won't. believe what you will, but the vii version of VT WILL look different than the PS/360. are you also sure that you were looking @ wii screens and not ps/360 screens?

even if HDfury makes an HDMI-wii cable, it will not automatically transform the image into 1080p, even if it is an HDMI cable. it just won't.

it will also not be under $50. their hdmi-vga cable is over 100£

btw, how old are you?

I recomend, you can check the screenshoot in the Wii section of IGN.com

Compare and tell me if the visuals aren't close to the xbox360/ps3 versions...

virtua-tennis-2009-20090403091335078.jpg

xbox360 ver.

virtua-tennis-2009-20090403090821708-000.jpg

Wii ver.

Last edited:

Why do you have a Wii?

Becose I love my Wii and I think the Wii can do much more than we see to date, is question that developers mastering the Wii's hardware. Yesterday I see the Virtual Tennis screenshoots and are very close to the xbox360/ps3 versions the only difference is these versions run in 1080p and the Wii version run at 480p. What going to happen if I use the upscaler from 480p to 1080p?
faceplamdpbo6.png

Screen shots can and have been miss taken and give no clue as to how the game will look while its moving
Unless of coarse its the PSone version of Xmen vs Street fighter

Im glad you wrent round when Dragons Lair first came out

The tech noob said:
The NES can handle the look of Dragons lair the programmers where just lazy in there port

the only difference is these versions run in 1080p and the Wii version run at 480p. What going to happen if I use the upscaler from 480p to 1080p?

No, it will look exactly like 480p Wii version because that's what it is.

Upscaling does not increase detail.

I have my Wii hooked up with component cables to a Sony surround sound receiver. It upscales it to a digital 1080p signal and sends it out an HDMI cable to the TV. I can turn the upscaling on and off and it makes no difference with the picture quality.

I recomend, you can check the screenshoot in the Wii section of IGN.com

Screen shots on a website are a very poor way to judge picture quality.

Both of those images are 480x326 which is not the real resolution of a Wii or Xbox

Last edited:

Why do you have a Wii?

major *facepalm*

Go out and a buy a PS3/360 with games and compare it then. Don't give assumptions by looking at screenshots. Unless they're in motion, they are entirely useless.

Last edited:
and as long as they're scaled to something other than their native (coded) resolution, you cannot compare screenies.
both those images are 480x336 (aka 336p) which means, they are NOT better quality to ANY 480p wii screen.
if they are blown up across a 40" screen they will both look equally awful. as in we cannot compare these images to the games they represent.

Sorry, but there's people that don't have eagle's eyes to see the difference, if it there!!
First I have my Friend's xbox360 on my home and I already compare it with my Wii and I say there's some games with very close visuals for example: Cabela's big game Hunter, Tom Raider: Underworld, Need for Speed:proStreet are Wii games very close to the xbox360 versions, I played both and upscaling the Wii games to 1080p. It's like the same!!
Everything you say and think won't block the final results and the true is, these games in 1080p look like a xbox360/ps3 game.
I already compared it, in motion and it's the same, but of course with far better controls cause the Wiimote. Again wait for my videos and you can't complaint.

You posted a picture of super smash brothers brawl, and i have yet to that have Superior Wiimote Capabilties

if you post a video @ anything less than 1080P, you will not be proving your point.
there is just not enough pixels in the 480p image to show the detail from a 1080p image. there just isn't the in depth pixelation.
you are not understanding how a game is textured.

480p = 338,000 pixels / frame
720p = 922,000 pixels / frame
1080i = 1,037,000 pixels / frame
1080p = 2,074,000 pixels / frame

tht means there are 6 times the resolution in a 1080 than a 480. therefore they can cram more accurately textured images into the screen.

Back