wii fan stand

well i need something because i have my wii in a tv stand where it has no airflow at all and it keeps overheating and sometimes locking up....and i figured the cooling wii stand would be best for that

i would relocate it but no matter where i move it on the stand it's all enclosed by glass...now when i play i leave the glass door's open so it's not enclosed on one side but it still gets pretty hot pretty fast.

Last edited:
well my mom picked it up for me today and i'm really disappointed in it, sure the lights look friggen sweet but the fan pretty much does nothing, i can see it moving around but i put my hand over it and feel nothing so my wii still gets really hot. rip off unless you want a new cool stand

Get a fan that goes on the back, thats the outtake, the bottom one sucks in air so the fan would be blowing air into the wii, if its dusty it would just speed up the process. I got both lolz the back one works best, makes the wii cold to the touch. I got the fan stand but just use the light part

ok but i've heard a lot of bad reviews about how the fan in the back can break your wii, and the stand won't blow dust into my wii since it's in a cabinet

I know it was a waste of money but I got one pretty much just for the lights. the only thing I don't like about it is it takes up one of my usb ports. Meanning i have to unplugg it every time my gf wants to play booger, i mean boogie or use a keyboard

ok i might have to try out one of those fans then...and about it taking up your usb ports, like the guy above me said usb hubs work but you can also get ones that plug into the wall outlet and is a usb power source on the other end...i gotta get one of those

Sometimes these fans do more harm than good. In some cases they actually cause the console to produce more heat. Just keep your wii in an open place and it should be fine.

Back