Wii Firmware 3.0 Update

It says that the update was at around 10 oclock. I was playing at this time so would it update the next time I turn it on.

well I had to download the update by going to wii settings and then selecting the update option

So the changes are the ones listed on the url at the first post?
Anything else that someone find? Im doing the update now...

Btw, does anyone knows how big is the update file? I have it online for about 20 minutes on on a 768kb wifi and it is in the middle of the progress.

periklis said:
So the changes are the ones listed on the url at the first post?
Anything else that someone find? Im doing the update now...

Btw, does anyone knows how big is the update file? I have it online for about 20 minutes on on a 768kb wifi and it is in the middle of the progress.

I found that sending messages is now almost instant. I sent a message to my email and got it within 3 minutes

LilWiiWii said:
I found that sending messages is now almost instant. I sent a message to my email and got it within 3 minutes
Nice.

I have done the update also.

I found in the internet settings the AOSS option. I dont know what is that :aureola:

Also, some of my messages in the board, are having problems (the wii told me that with a message in a window).

Im liking the new quicker shop channel. The overhall will make it much easier to navigate when new consoles like the neo geo come on board and bring an expanded library.

Neo Geo?! My favorite arcade hardware is going to hit the Wii?! Oh hell yeah.. Time for some Samurai Showdown 5, punks!

Yet one more feture that noone has mentioned, the Wii screen now has a digital clock on the bottom center!

Well we didn't want to state the obvious. (But some people are just really oblivious :lol: )

PumaYaYa said:
Are modded wii's 0wned by this firmware update?

Not yet, but as far as i heared American Wii Owners have to accept a site in which it says that Nintendo is allowed to brick modded Wii's if they want to.

The Wii's modchip's still working fine, but as this disclaimer said and which you had to accept to update the Wii, they are now allowed to brick the Wii and you're not allowed to cry about it. Or well, you can cry, but it won't change anything.

Maybe... MAYBE this is just step one to total world domination... no wait... to get rid of all modded Wiis. Now that you have accepted this disclaimer, they may bring another update that kill the modded Wiis somewhen. MAYBE.

edit: Oh and btw: If you own a WiiKey, like me, it won't read the Setup Disc ( 1.2 ) anymore and since the WiiKey developers seem to be lazy asses, there is no update in sight right now.

Back