Wii Graphics Myths Debunked!

Bryan_ said:
I think developers are just afraid of losing framerate if they up the graphics any.

I don't know if this means anything, but in multiplayer DBZ: BT2, the game's framerate slows down immensely, depending on the map the players are in, and if there is a glow around the characters. This coming from a PS2 port.
probably badly coded because it doesn't take much to run a cell shaded game.

I also believe the Wii's got more power then most people think, but your "proof" isn't proof at all in most cases. You make assumptions that because an older system could do it, Wii must too.

Like because the PS2 could do something, the Wii must be able to as well. While I agree this is most likely true, especially since GC was more powerful then PS2, it's not fact.

Chips can have strengths and weaknesses in different area's. Like in computers, a Pentium4 3.0ghz looks more powerful on paper then an Athlon64 2.0ghz, but in real life this is not the case in most circumstances. The Athlon64 will blow away the P4 in many tests, and the P4 will win others.

Anyway, my point is you are not debunking anything, you are just expressing an opinion.

I hardly know a thing when it comes to hardware and stuff but he sounds pretty confident in his research so I trust him. I think the Wii is a great machine and does what I need it to do. Hopefully developers will make great games that have the best graphics the Wii is capable of producing.

Well... I don't know much about the Wii hardware, I'll admit that.

I'm just wondering here... one of the best games out right now for the Wii is Legend of Zelda which looks pretty good in my opinion.. this game was a PORT from GC... I can only see the graphics getting better.

Some game producers have just gotten the Wii dev. tools maybe even just a year ago... maybe less... Only time will tell how awesome the graphics will get for the Wii...

One thing is for sure... Wii graphics will only get better from here on out.

PS. I don't play the Wii for the graphics... I have a PC with 2x 7800XT's in SLI... and a 22" widescreen monitor.... what do I need a console with awesome graphics for?

Back