Wii help

codeking

Computer Nerd, not Geek
Nov 16, 2006
Couple of questions about wii:

~ Do I need a SD card for 5 or so virtual console games or will the 512MB be enough?

~ I can get the Wii and one game for christmas. what should i pick? im looking at red steel, excite truck (first choice), or call of duty 3. (i mite be able to get 2)

~ ill probably buy some virtual console games. any recommendations?

~ does the wii support gamecube controllers?

:worship: all hail wii! :worship:

:ciappa: down with 360 and ps3 :ciappa:

Wii Basics please,
1. 5? The N64 games take about 32mb I believe they said, so you should be fine.
2. Get Zelda, long action RPG, but if your not into that, get Red Steel, COD3 has crappy last gen graphics and no multiplayer while Excite Truck all the reviews have said its only fun for so long. (hours)
3. Im probably going to get Super Mario 64, but Im waiting for more Zelda titles and what not.
4. Yes it does, there is a slot on top of it that has 2 GC memory card slots and 4 controller slots (wavebird works on the controller slows too)

codeking said:

~ Do I need a SD card for 5 or so virtual console games or will the 512MB be enough?

~ I can get the Wii and one game for christmas. what should i pick? im looking at red steel, excite truck (first choice), or call of duty 3. (i mite be able to get 2)

The answers to those questions can be found EVERYWHERE. Why doesn't anybody use the SEARCH function on these forums?

the_peripheral said:
The answers to those questions can be found EVERYWHERE. Why doesn't anybody use the SEARCH function on these forums?
Speak for yourself.

For questions about the Wii read i0n's FAQ.

And, a good virtual console game would be starfox 64.

I've actually read that excite truck isnt such a good game, as its replayability level is bad. But it is fun, i played it at GAME1 :D I reccommend Red Steel from your list.
And as for virtual console, Mario RPG. Definetly. Thats all i remember...

the_peripheral said:

I totally agree. . . I think it is that most people are too lazy and want us non-lazy people to just hand the answers to them.

codeking said:

Here's all the answers to your questions:

1. There is a sandisk slot upon the Wii, although it did save the progress of Excite Truck without a Sandisk, so I'm assuming it can only save so much onto the drive.

2. There are many games coming out, it really depends on what type of game are you looking for? Racing, Action, FPS, Platformer, RPGs or just the simple Other type of genre. There's such games as Monkey Ball, Red Steel, Need for Speed: Carbon, Legend of Zelda, Rayman Rabing Rabbids, Madden, Cars, Happy Feet, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and so much more games that may or may not fill your interest.

3. The Wii does support gamecube controllers as it does have slots for them. Also it has been confirmed that Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you will be able to use the Gamecube controllers to play.

Excite Truck, a no go.... I think u should get Zelda first, coz im not a zelda fan and gettin it. B=Even if u no like Zelda, it will last till u get another game. Anyway, with VC, Get super mario 64..... I had it and sold it along with my 64 and i loved it. Endless hours of fun dere!

Back