Wii Controllers

pepsifreak505

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2006
The new wii controller is really cool:cool: . Although, I got the information that you can't use it for all games:wtf: . Is this true? If so, what Wii games can i play with Wii Controllers:aureola: ? Also, what controllers do I use for Gamecube and Virtual Console games?:ciappa:

There are only like the 1% of the Wii games will not use the Wiimote in Gameplay, as SSBB, but every game will at least, feature the wiimote

i am pretty sure you can use it for every game because it either involves slashing, shooting, hitting, spining, jumping, infact i think everything.......and there is a special dpad controller being released too

Like Arcadium said, pretty much every game for Wii will require the wiimote and many will also require the nunchuk. With Virtual Console games however, you will need either the Classic Controller which plugs into the wiimote or you can use the original Gamecube controller to play them. Also, to play Gamecube games, you apparently can use either a Gamecube controller or Classic Controller, but because the classic controller lacks real triggers which the Gamecube controller had (the Classic Controller's triggers are just buttons), it makes playing some games impossible. I'd suggest bypassing the Classic Controller and just go with a Wavebird controller since neither support rumble and the Wavebird can be found for a lot less, but that's just my opinion.

NateTheGreat said:
Like Arcadium said, pretty much every game for Wii will require the wiimote and many will also require the nunchuk. With Virtual Console games however, you will need either the Classic Controller which plugs into the wiimote or you can use the original Gamecube controller to play them. Also, to play Gamecube games, you apparently can use either a Gamecube controller or Classic Controller, but because the classic controller lacks real triggers which the Gamecube controller had (the Classic Controller's triggers are just buttons), it makes playing some games impossible. I'd suggest bypassing the Classic Controller and just go with a Wavebird controller since neither support rumble and the Wavebird can be found for a lot less, but that's just my opinion.

You cant use the Classic for GC games, Kaplan made it clear.
But has it been confirmed you can use GC controllers for VC games!?

Sovieto said:
You cant use the Classic for GC games, Kaplan made it clear.
But has it been confirmed you can use GC controllers for VC games!?
Well IGN's Wii Guide says I'm right. Source (mouse over the #6 and #7)

As for your question about if GC controllers can be used to play VC games, the answer is yes. Source

*EDIT* Reading from that source, it seems as though IGN's Wii guide is contradicted about using the Classic Controller for Gamecube games. So, now I'm really unsure, but I'm guessing I should retract my statements about Classic Controller playing GC games. May be a good idea just to wait for launch and try that part out yourself.

Last edited:
Back