what type of controller should i get?

What type of controller?

• Total voters

i eat nintendo wiis

WiiChat Member
Sep 16, 2006
I'm curious, because I like what the classic controller looks like. The drawback to that is that it can't play gamecube games(however, I do like how the classic controller feels like the old school controllers when playing nes games).

a gamecube controller, however, would work because it would play all gamecube games and the virtual console ones. the drawback, as i said earlier, is that I personally think the classic controller would be better for virtual console.

so what do you suggest I should get, if I can only get one controller?

LOL GC controller suck? For sure but not ergonomically. They don't hurt ya hand or wrist and just about every button fits comfortably except for the D pad and C stick.

I'd get both if I were you, so that you have a GC controller for GC games if you happen to buy any, as well as Super Smash Bros Brawl, and the Classic controller for those retro games that are available on Virtual console.

This question could be moved to the virtual console section of Wiichat.

If you already have a GC w/ controllers, get some classics if you plan to play VC games. GC controllers don't work as well for VC games. If you don't plan to spend any money, though, GC are universal. I ultimately reccommend Classic Controllers.

I read that the Gamecube controllers can be used to play nes,snes and n64 games and it only plays some sega and turbographix games. but if you like sega and turbo get that as well.

I have a GC controller. I have no need for a Classic(I don't do internet on my Wii, you got to pay for unnecessary crap). If you're gonna GC and VC get a GC controller. If you're gonna just play 3rd party VC games then get a classic. GC controller also doesn't use up Wii Remote battery :) So yeah I preffer GC over the other thing.

I think that having a GC controller would be better just because it can play GC games+ virtual console games, even though I like the look of the classic controller better. Maybe Nintendo will upgrade the Classic controller to play GC games in the future.

If you want to play mostly gamecube games, then get a GC controller. If you want to play more classic games, get a classic controller.

I ended up with both, as I wanted to play GC games and my boyfriend wanted to play VC :).

As for those complaining about having to sit too close to the TV, get Wavebirds :D. They worlk flawlessly with the Wii and no wires! :D

I'm in the UK and I got mine from Play for £17.99 :).

Back