Bother Getting A Classic Controll Or....>>> Read On

wii<33333

Banned
Feb 2, 2007
a wiii island
Wii Online Code
2970-8339-9250-7065
HI I GOT A gamecube controller wavebird should i bother getting a classic one or jst keep with the gamecube??

well...get a Classic one, I mean doesn't it look sexy? I bought it for that reason and then it led me to buy VC games..and I have a GC and four controllers

There have been about a million threads on this already.
What they generally seem to say is that at the moment, the classic controller is only really used for VC games (plus one wii game, I think, where it's optional), so there is no need to buy one if you have GC controllers, but you may need one in the future.

wii<33333 said:
HI I GOT A gamecube controller wavebird should i bother getting a classic one or jst keep with the gamecube??

Stick with the Wavebird. I got both for christmas and I don't really use the Classic because the Wavebird works just as good and I don't have to bother with pluggin it in to the Wiimote to get it to work.

So you can play VC games with the GC controllers plugged into the top of the unit? I thought hat you had to have the classic controller (that plugs into the wii-mote) to play VC games.

I have 2 Classics as this is the first Ninty product I've owned.

I had the intention to buy them so I could download and plkay Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64.

Its a shame that the wires are so long, just a solid connection to the Wiimote would have been enough.

They do look nice but they feel auwful to hold compared to my brothers 360 controller and my old PS2 controllers.

I bought two classics because the wiimote and GC controllers just didn't "feel right" for Street Fighter II. I'm guessing the same applies to many VC games.

lansaguy said:
So you can play VC games with the GC controllers plugged into the top of the unit? I thought hat you had to have the classic controller (that plugs into the wii-mote) to play VC games.

Yes. . .you can use GC controllers for VC games.

wii_controllerchart-2.jpg

I have a wavebird and 3 wired GC controllers. I don't own the Wii Classic Controller (thought the plug into the Wiimote bit a bit annoying and an unnecessary battery drain) But then I saw and ordered this:
http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?page=GameCube&cat=&product=14442&q=
It's pretty darn similar to the classic SNES controller. I'm now playing the classic Link to the Past with it and am having a blast.

Back