+Maniacal=Maniac+

Am I Losing Friends?
Aug 8, 2006
Wii Online Code
4516-7863-9846-6018
Well, Will They?:crazy:

I'm Thinking Of Preordering One From www.playasia.com

But It Doesn't COme With Wii Sports,
But Will America-Released Games Work On A Japanese Wii?

THANX!:smilewinkgrin:
+M=M+

no, no, no.... the are Region coded. Japanese games only play on Japanese consoles and so on and so forth for every other country

well it depends on the developer. they are the ones who choose the game to be region locked or not but usualy games wont work in other regions

will japanese wiis just planinly work in america do they have the same cords and stuff cause im going with a japanese wii cause they have better games.

daddyfatsackz said:
um region lockout will be in affect.Nintendo lied to us.

They didnt lie exactly. The wording they were using is that First party games (meaning games by Nintendo) will not be region coded, I don't know if they kept their word on this or not yet.

japan has the same power plugs as the us, but you might want a surge protector/voltage regulator for safety, since japanese specs are slightly different. Japan uses NSTC video signals, so that should be all good.

Just no american games on your japanese wii without some sort of future hack/mod/bootdisk

oh, and I'm just guessing, but I bet the DC in from the power brick is the same on both systems, so you could probably use a US power adapter.

ando komando said:
will japanese wiis just planinly work in america do they have the same cords and stuff cause im going with a japanese wii cause they have better games.

Unlock handhelds, systems are always region locked. And don't worry, there was a Freeloader for the Gamecube, more than likely there will be one for the Wii as well.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I need this question answered.

My aunt is going to buy me a Wii from England but my friend will buy me Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess from Florida since here in the middle east they overpriced the Wii to almost 3 times its actual price.

I just wanted to ask if American games worked on European Wii's.

Thanks in advance.

Back