Wii light gun

Because gimmicks can be fun. It's what made a lot of light gun shooter games fun, especialyl House of the Dead. It wasn't a tough game that tested shooting proweress, in fact the zombies were so big, and in the arcades you were so close that it made little to no difference. Also why racing games in the arcade often having you sitting on an actual racer.

I'm sure Sony and Microsoft thought the exact same thing about the wii mote...and that was their major folley.

(Side Issue)
Also Apples are terrible, hence their paltry 3.48% Computer Market Share in the US, worldwide it's even less. They just have less viruses, bugs, and worms because no one uses them, it's like comparing the quality of a major highway to a brand new road built in boonville, Kentucky.

Robotnik said:
Because gimmicks can be fun. It's what made a lot of light gun shooter games fun, especialyl House of the Dead. It wasn't a tough game that tested shooting proweress, in fact the zombies were so big, and in the arcades you were so close that it made little to no difference. Also why racing games in the arcade often having you sitting on an actual racer.

I'm sure Sony and Microsoft thought the exact same thing about the wii mote...and that was their major folley.

But those things actually add something. Having a controller that looks like a gun but functions exactly the same does not.

(Side Issue)
Also Apples are terrible, hence their paltry 3.48% Computer Market Share in the US, worldwide it's even less. They just have less viruses, bugs, and worms because no one uses them, it's like comparing the quality of a major highway to a brand new road built in boonville, Kentucky.

3.48% is pretty good. It is 2nd only to Windows. (by its consumerbase) And there if that was the reason then they would definitely have some viruses. There are Pocket PCs and phones that have viruses, yet they are much less popular than Macs which have no viruses. (for OS X) And it sounds like you want the competition to stop trying? When you don't have competition you get.....well....things like Windows......

I am happy with my Mac that can do pretty much anything a Windows PC can, (besides gaming which I have my PC for) is much more user friendly, faster, (only slightly) and doesn't have nearly as many problems. When I boot my Mac I expect it to work. When I boot my PC (in Windows) I expect to be greeted with a bunch of error messages and a "congratulations you have 398 viruses, please format your drive" message.

I think the big thing, and sorry to beat this topic to death, is the fact that Nintendo is getting strongly behind this idea. Which means lots of games built around this idea. That is what gets me excited, if this was 3rd party attachment, that did the same thing it would be significantly worse, because if Nintendo is going out of their way to create it, it is the games that follow it which will make the big difference, and they will be fun.

Robotnik said:
I think the big thing, and sorry to beat this topic to death, is the fact that Nintendo is getting strongly behind this idea. Which means lots of games built around this idea. That is what gets me excited, if this was 3rd party attachment, that did the same thing it would be significantly worse, because if Nintendo is going out of their way to create it, it is the games that follow it which will make the big difference, and they will be fun.
But the games will be the same with it or without it.

Is there a part for the nunchuk attachment? Because if there isn't then this is a piece of junk. At lease the Wii Zapper has that and it is free when you buy a game, so whether people think its a gimmick or not, is really irrelevant. You will buy the game with or without the Zapper anyway.

firedragon said:
Is there a part for the nunchuk attachment? Because if there isn't then this is a piece of junk. At lease the Wii Zapper has that and it is free when you buy a game, so whether people think its a gimmick or not, is really irrelevant. You will buy the game with or without the Zapper anyway.
No, it will just come with some shitty game, kinda like WiiSports. It isn't going to come with any of the good games, just a demo like one.

paintba||er said:

But the games will be the same with it or without it.

Its not about the game being the samething with or without it, its about the experiance. I mean sure i could have fun playing RE:UC with just the Wiimote and Nunchuck, but i would be drawn into the feeling that i am actually there if i really felt like i was holding a Gun. Its just like driving games Using steering wheels, sure using and analog stick is the exact same but it just does not make you feel like you are driving the car. To each his own for sure but you cant say its a waste of money if it pulls you into the game to make it feel more real.

Back