Wii lights

borat

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2007
I noticed even when i turn my console off, the little power light stays on, im wondering if i should just leave it like that or should i unplug the wii?

if you're connected to the internet your light will most likely always be yellow.
green when it's on. & red if you aren't connected.

mines always yellow.

If you connect at a certain point in time, and don't have a connection, it'll still be yellow. Kinda sucks.

Yeah.

red: Off
yellow: Standby mode
Green: On

If your still worried about that yellow light just hold in the power button on the consolefor about 5-8 seconds and it'll just shut-off & not go into standby.

So basically, as long as the light is red, it's off and it wont cause any problems if i keep the wii plugged in 24/7, correct?

No, Nintendo designs their consoles to be destroyed. They even put that nice yellow light in there to warn you about it.

Can you guys not freaking notice the thousands of other posts about the same thing before you post?

You can leave it plugged in no matter what color the light is - off, standby, or on.

people. its simple.
yellow is standby and you're on the internet
red is off. completely.
you should know what green is. -.-'

If you've connected in the past (say at a friend's house) and you don't have an available wireless connection at the moment, the yellow light will still be on. You have to manually turn it off again.

Back