Wii ONLINE HELP

crazymonkey

The Greatest In The World
Nov 20, 2006
OK HI IM NEW AND BEFORE I GET A Wii INEED A COUPLE OF ANSWERS

I PLAY MY GAMES ONLINE IN THE SAME ROOM AS MY ROUTER MODEM AND COMPUTER AND I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD USE AN ETHERNET CABLE TO PLUG INTO MY WII TO MY ROUTER TO THE MODEM CAN ANYONE HELP ME:aureola:

AND WHAT GOOD ONLINE GAMES ARE GOING TO COME OUT AND IS THERE LIKE A HEDSET OR SOMETHONG TO TALK ONLINE THANKS

dont type in all caps. its annoying. anyways yes, you can plug your wii in with an ethernet cord BUT you must buy nintendo's USB-to-Ethernet adapter in order for you to hook up. as for the games, im note sure of any except SSBB because thats the only one i care about lol (i use my xbox360 for online games)

how much is the usb-to-ethernet adapter or can i buy a usb cord plug that in the wii then in my modem since it has usb

crazymonkey said:
OK HI IM NEW AND BEFORE I GET A Wii INEED A COUPLE OF ANSWERS

I PLAY MY GAMES ONLINE IN THE SAME ROOM AS MY ROUTER MODEM AND COMPUTER AND I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD USE AN ETHERNET CABLE TO PLUG INTO MY WII TO MY ROUTER TO THE MODEM CAN ANYONE HELP ME:aureola:

AND WHAT GOOD ONLINE GAMES ARE GOING TO COME OUT AND IS THERE LIKE A HEDSET OR SOMETHONG TO TALK ONLINE THANKS

capslockee7.jpg

crazymonkey said:
how much is the usb-to-ethernet adapter or can i buy a usb cord plug that in the wii then in my modem since it has usb
im not sure if that would work because USB devices need drivers to be installed and modems always need you to install a driver when using USB. im not 100% sure but you may be able to use any brand of USB-to-ethernet adapters. some are pretty cheap. i saw wait a few days for more people to try them and see if they work or not. your not really missing anything with Wii online right now unless your plaining on buying a VC game

but what about buying those ds usb wi-fi things you plug in to your computer that you get at gamestop can i buy that for my wii and if ican how does it work

iam not a big technical guy

costs about 35 bucks nd in laymans terms it sends like a small signal out nd ur wii picks it up but it doesnt matter how it works as long as it does.

Bulldogxx831 said:
costs about 35 bucks nd in laymans terms it sends like a small signal out nd ur wii picks it up but it doesnt matter how it works as long as it does.

i know what it does iam talking about how to set it up do you just plug it in and the play or do you need a wire for the wii or something

The nintendo wifi usb connector (i have one for DS) is very simple to use. Pop it in your usb slot on pc, install stuff from CD, and the wii should do the rest (the DS does). Sorry i cant provide anything more 'technical'. battalion Wars 2 is also online, i think... And im also hoping Metroid Prime 3 will have a multiplayer, maybe online- but nintendo havnt said this, im just hoping. Animal Crossing almost certainly will be but thats probably not going to be out for a while. The first online game is pokemon, but i think thats only worth getting if you're a pokemon fan... we'll see closer to the time i guess.

Darn. Sarnath'd:frown2:

crazymonkey said:
i know what it does iam talking about how to set it up do you just plug it in and the play or do you need a wire for the wii or something
I am buying it also. It comes with a CD which has the set-up program for using it with Wiis and DS'. The instructions are quite clear. Basically, you plug it in, insert the CD, and follow the on-screen instructions. Easy as pie!:smilewinkgrin:

ok thanks guys for all the help when i get my we on december 25 i will give you my friend code

But does the computer it's plugged into have to be on to be sending the signal? That's my question.

Back