Wii over internet ?? HELP

anne2705

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2011
uk
Hi im new on here guys had my wii nearly 2 years now ..... but thought you could play games with someone over the internet like miles away ... have looked through manual several times and no joy :( ............ any help would be appreciated im sure you can but dont no how :( ?? xx

Hi Anne - and welcome to the Forum !

You say you have had your Wii for 2 years - has it ever been connected to the internet in that time, or is it the case that you have connected it, but just never played online games ?

hiya thank you :) ... yes i go online its connected through wifi but never played games online x

OK - so you are connected, and I will assume that all still works OK (eg you can get BBC iPlayer, Internet browser etc).

What games are you looking to play online ?

Only certain games can play online, and there are usually instructions in the game manual itself for those, rather than instructions with the Wii console.

Yes works ok was browsing on it last night and watching bbc iplayer :) perhaps it dosent do what i was thinking ....say im on my wii and my friend is lets say 90 miles from me can we play a game together assuming we have the same game ? x

For instance, you can play Mario Kart together, so long as you both have the game.

While I haven't played online myself, from what I understand you need to exchange 'friends codes' for each game. This is NOT your Wii console number, but is different for each game title.

Is there a particular game you have in mind to play online ? There may be more experience people on here that can help for any given title, or even play with you !

not a particular one but you have helped me :) thank you so much .... will check my games now !! x

I found this Wiki page that lists games that you can play online:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_Wi-Fi_Connection_games

As bikertov pointed out though, it is game dependent. It's not a matter of how many miles are between you and a friend. For the games that can be played online with other people, you will both need to exchange your codes for that specific game and user (this is set up in the individual game). This code is separate from the 16 digit Wii code for the console.

Hi and thank you so much :) yes i understand now that every game has a different code ..... is that what ppl on here are referring to as a friend code ?

Back