Wii Play.... is really FUN! (contrary to reviews)

courtwshr1

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
I just picked up Wii Play for the extra controller and had every intention of selling the game because what I've heard about it - but I was PLEASANTLY surprised!

Note: I'm 25, and I only play highly rated games (MP3, SMG, MOHH2, RE4 - those are my games right now). But, I found the Wii Play games (pretty much all of them) to be challenging and down-right fun. What was even more incredible, is that my girlfriend LOVES them. She can't get enough of fishing! My only complaint is that they are so short/limited. For example, it would be neat if there were other tracks for the racing. Or if the Mii game in multiplayer was the same as it is in single player (where you earn "time" not points). Or if the shooting game had more levels. You get the idea...

Do others feel the same way? Generally, I've heard nothing but bad things about these games but if you're just looking for simple 2-players games pick this up for a few bucks on Ebay or Craigslist and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Oh yeah...that's the other thing that would make these games AWESOME....expanding to 4 players and not just 2. That would have made them perfect.

It's not bad, played it all last night for pool but I don't think I was as entertained by it as you, but whatever. Glad to see someone loves it ;yesnod:

Honestly haven't played the game since July. Bought the game in February. I remember having fun playing Tanks with my friends but besides that, only once in a while would I pick it up and play for a long time.

Glad you're enjoying the game though.

courtwshr1 said:
I just picked up Wii Play for the extra controller and had every intention of selling the game because what I've heard about it - but I was PLEASANTLY surprised!

Note: I'm 25, and I only play highly rated games (MP3, SMG, MOHH2, RE4 - those are my games right now). But, I found the Wii Play games (pretty much all of them) to be challenging and down-right fun. What was even more incredible, is that my girlfriend LOVES them. She can't get enough of fishing! My only complaint is that they are so short/limited. For example, it would be neat if there were other tracks for the racing. Or if the Mii game in multiplayer was the same as it is in single player (where you earn "time" not points). Or if the shooting game had more levels. You get the idea...

Do others feel the same way? Generally, I've heard nothing but bad things about these games but if you're just looking for simple 2-players games pick this up for a few bucks on Ebay or Craigslist and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Oh yeah...that's the other thing that would make these games AWESOME....expanding to 4 players and not just 2. That would have made them perfect.
I love the game too man, I got 5/9 platium, I can get 6 but i did it at my friends house and cant do it at my house,

rep 4 u

Wii Play as a game never interested me, but the extra controller always has.
I may look into getting it once more of the bigger games have come out.

wii play isn't such a bad multiplayer game, but it'll only last you a couple hours tops if you're playing it alone.

platinum on everything but the laser hockey on single player. it's more fun playing against some1. the competition makes it more interesting. i also enjoyed it.

lol , i love wii play fishing , i have yet to lose to my friends , my friends hate fishing game , they have yet to figure out why im so good at it , but i dont see what so hard about it

Well for me it's the only game that has dissapointed me. I don't mind because it's really cheap and comes with a controller, but I thought the minigames would be the type to get me hooked and trying to get better scores. The only time I feel like playing this game is when I have friends round. Some of the games are quite annoying and drive us sort of crazy. But anyway, what can you expect for such a small amount of money!

"Narah" i think you play with your friends because it's just a good introduction sort of game innit? Thats what i do, I look through the games and the only ones they have any good chance of having fun is with either wii-play or wii-sports.

I do still like Wii-play, i love the balloon shooting one, and the table tennis one is OK.
I love the Balloon shooting one, especially when playing against another person who's as competent at the game as i am, then you've really gotta get busy!

Back