Wii Play Medals

sentbytelevision

Loyal to Nintendo
Feb 27, 2007
The Television Set
Alright, so I'm looking to get some pointers, and maybe share some, with regards to the Wii Play games. So here's what I've got:

Fishing-Platinum. I got this right off the bat by just aiming for the bonus fish and not reeling in anything but. I suppose I got lucky in some sense, because I didn't even know the Small Fry deducted points from you until I watched a friend play.

Charge!-Platinum. Racing games are easily my strong point. I only had to give this one a few tries. All I can say is, don't be afraid to slow down to correct your aim towards the scarecrows. Since you have to hit every scarecrow along the way to gain the medal anyways, it's almost essential not to rush.

Shooting Range-Platinum. String together your combos as best as you can. Originally when it came to "Stage 5", I just went nuts firing at the aliens to make sure no Miis were captured, until I realized you get bonus points for every successful, and consecutive, hit. Wait until they're beaming the Miis up before firing. This is what lead me to my Platinum.

Find Mii-Platinum. It took me quite a few tries, but I liked playing every single time regardless. Of course, if you want to cop-out and admit you can't get this medal on your own, it's been suggested to take digi-pics of the screens, pause the game, find the match ups, and go from there. If you want to do it on your own steam like I did, just make as many of your own Mii characters as possible. They don't have to stand out really, just as long as you know your own creations.

Table Tennis-Platinum. Just persist. It'll happen for you eventually. If you're easily frustrated don't play this game consecutively. I missed the ball at 197 and then at 198 and had to stop playing at that point as my anger was causing my score to get worse each time.

Pool-Platinum. Try and clear the table in 7 shots or better. Make sure to sink at LEAST 2 balls off the break. I personally only carried on with a game when I sunk 3 or more balls of the break.

Laser Hockey-Gold. I know bouncing the ball off the walls is the easiest way to get a goal...but I can't forsee myself getting 16 goals for the Platinum. The opposing paddle gets way too crazy for me once I'm past 10 goals.

Tanks!-Gold. I'm satisfied with the gold medal here, and the game's pretty self explanatory so no advice is really needed.

Pose Mii-Silver. This game is too difficult for me. I don't know if I just can't wrap my brain around it or what, but I feel like I'm getting overwhelmed once the later levels start appearing. Any suggestions for this one appreciated.

Cheers,

Back