Wii problem reading disk ?

bobb

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hi everybody,
I have a little problem with my Wii.
I insert games disk in it, the disk channel identify the game but when I want to start it, the screen turn black and then it return to the Wii menu.

Anybody already had this problem ?

Thank You.

The disc is probably defected or scratched. Try cleaning it with a rag, and if that does not work, then you'll have to return the game.

The disk don't seem to be scratch or dirty.

Last edited:
It's not the disk, it's your Wii.

Mine does the exact same thing on different games, and it's fairly random. I find it does it more often when I power the Wii up for the first time and it's a little cold; this is just a guess though. I'll put the disk in, and you'll hear a "bump" every 3-4 seconds, and that's when I know it isn't going to read. I was actually playing Geometry Wars about 3 days ago, when it froze and a bunch of debugging code popped up on the screen (DOS style). I had to do a hard reset, but the game worked after that. I'm waiting until it either dies, or there's a few months left on my warranty, then I'm going to send it back for repairs.

EDIT - Another thing that I think may be causing problem is inserting the disk into the Wii while it's off. Turn it on first, wait until you're at the channel selection dashboard, and then insert the game.

Last edited:
I think it's like your problem Budo, because I clean my disk and they are not scratch, but why it's just Super Paper Mario and Manhunt 2 ?

Very strange.

I've just notice that the wiimote turn off when i want to start these games.

Last edited:
Problem solve, i have to disconnect the usb wi-fi adapter to play Manhunt 2 and Super Paper Mario.

Weird

Try putting it in so the print on the disk is facing right.I did that when i first got it and it did the same thing.

bobb said:
Problem solve, i have to disconnect the usb wi-fi adapter to play Manhunt 2 and Super Paper Mario.

Weird

Thanks bobb. This solved my problem too. TMNT stopped working and my niece's Cosmic Family didn't work straight out of the case. Bizarre. The cause of the problem is definitely the wi-fi adapter. :wtf:

Back