Wii + Projector Question

i have a projector, about four years or so old, in my house, and im gonna play wii on it sometime soon.

there's HDMI projectors???? SWEET!
anyway, my dad says that once the bulb in our current projector breaks, he'll buy a new projector, so I'll have to tell him that HDMI thing! thats off da hookage yo!

R_man_5k said:
I run my wii with my Optima HD70 with the nintendo component cables and it is just find. I set the Wii to 480P and the projector sees the 480P signal and the projects it at 480P. It looks pretty good. Wii sports is a bit rough edges on the bowling pins and such - BUT NO BIG DEAL. NFS Carbon looks KILLER on it. I am on a 130in projection.

For anyone looking for a projector look at the optima HD70. It is GREAT for the money. You can get it for less than a grand. HDMI port and all. Very very nice compared to the competition. I chose it over a few that cost more...after I got to see them side by side.

I am running the sinsor bar just across the living room and have it sitting on a small table in front of the screen. As soon as I can get my hands on a wireless sinsor bar... EBgames/GameStop and Walmart will be getting them in any time now.. I will mount it at the top of the screen and be DONE with it and not have to worry about the kids or cat playing with the wire...
yeah, my cats just got to mine, i'm going wireless as well, but im making my own, if you're looking for a wireless one now check out www.wirelesssensorbar.com
and just so you know, it's sensor, not sinsor

ummm. Well nyko released a good secnor bar for that, but the HD is a little hard. Now im not sure, but in 4 months nyko is said to release another wii product. I think nyko is a better company to go with the acceso.

i also use a dlp projector. i keep my center speaker, wii, sensor bar, and remotes on a tv table and my cable box and stereo components in the lower part. get yourself a component switchbox with component outs. send the audio to your surround and send the RGB component out to the projector. i got a real good one from B&H, 35 feet ultra shielded hd component to 15 pin for just over 50 bucks! sweet deal! and dont forget to get a wii component cable. get the $25-$30 one, gamestop sells one for $50 and it's no different. they both send a 480 signal.

ok... last night I got the Niko Sensor bar (sorry for the miss spell earlier.. typing with a kid in my lap...)
It works great. I can now play from anywhere in the living room ... the range is much much better. I recomend either getting this one or building one for anyone with a projector ... it looks very clean just to have it there with no wires... and best of all. no wires for the cat or kids to play with!

Back