WII RECALL? What is happening 11/20?

tweenmom

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2007
I was told in a store that they cannot sell their current inventory of Nintendo WII. They have to wait for the 11/20 shipment. Any idea why?

Are you sure they did not say 10/20? Perhaps Nintendo is truly holding back shipments for an entire month?

I can assure you, it is NOT a recall.

Ugh..... It is not...... most likely related to the artificial hype nintendo is putting on the Wii.

Consoles aren't "recalled" like Chinese cribs, it's known far in advance. New SKU's are reported weeks ahead. We knew about the M$ warranty extension a long time ago.

This is just to make people want it more, since its not in stock. supply and demand.

Maybe their all just reserved.. like they've got some in stock but can't sell any of them there and then because their already reserved?

Brawny said:
Ugh..... It is not...... most likely related to the artificial hype nintendo is putting on the Wii.
If a store is holding back inventory, then that would be something the store is doing, not Nintendo. Nintendo is not preventing anyone from selling Wiis before then.

Nah, it sounds like they'll get their shipment that day...perhaps from the main branch supplier. (IE....Japan > Michigan Targets > individual ones)

To make sure, the OP should just say if they had them in stock/on display or not.

Yup, in stock at store...a Kmart in PA

The sales clerk said they had them in stock in back of store but couldn't sell them until 11/20.

tweenmom said:
The sales clerk said they had them in stock in back of store but couldn't sell them until 11/20.

The must be building up a stockpile for Thanksgiving week shopping craziness.

I think this is in the how to get a Wii thread too, anyways:
My guess is that the retailer is planning to list the Wii in their black friday/day after Thanksgiving print ads. By law the store has to have all advertised items in stock (and with a reasonable quantity I think) in order to advertise them. Given the craziness of people punching each other out for stuff on black friday ("oooo, a cheap crappy scanner for free at 5am only!"), it would be wise for retailers to 'stock up' on super high demand items.

Kinda sucks though, you would think they could have a percentage of the Wii inventory for sale until black friday and the rest for black friday only.

I hope there is not a Wiicall... The last thing I want to do is send my console back to Nintendo and have to wait 6 months for supply to catch up to demand.

Back