Wii Remote movement problem?

brianodcor

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hi all,
Played Wii Sports for a while today, and after about 1 hour the Wii Remote stopped responding to movements...the Nunchuck will work (say in Wii Sports Boxing), but not the Wii Remote.
If I play Baseball, the pitcher constantly is striking the ball...

However, I can use the pointer fine to navigate around the menus...

Possibly a faulty Wii Remote??

Check to see the batteries are not dead by pressing the 'House' symbol on the Wii Remote. Also, when you play, is there any sunlight hitting the Wii Remote when you play?

I've never heard of this problem before. I've heard the pointer having problems around Christmas trees and other lights, but I've never heard of the wiimote not responding to movement. Either you have a bad wiimote or it's low on batteries. You might also not be making enough movement. Try to put a little more hmph in your swings (Just wear that wrist strap and make sure no one's around you)

Thanks for your help. It looks like there may be a problem with the directional movement sensor...one of the troubleshooting tips is to turn the remote upside down.The cursor should move upside down, but it doesn't...
Any other tips appreciated

Thanks Brawny...made 2 kids happy on Xmas eve in Ireland...that Sticky sounds like a great idea...about 5 good taps of the controller did the trick :)

Are you sure that the Wii system is picking up the signal from your controller, because it is wireless after all. That's what happened to me. I mean, if something's blocking it, like maybe where your sitting/standing, it'd be easy to fix.

Wii Remote problem

I ve had the same problem. Playing Wii Tennis, the movement sensor stopped working in the remote.

The on-screen-hand icon works fine and allows me to navigate through menus but I have no movement control.

This only affects one out of two remotes, the other works great.

Batteries are good. Have resynced both remotes to the console. Have tried moving the handset in different ways. The sensor bar is in full view and I'me standing within the advised distance from the sensor bar.

None of this works !

Any other feedback would be much appreciated.

Back