Wii Controller Problem.

pwinfield77

WiiChat Member
Jun 3, 2007
Hi.

I only got my Wii a few days ago and it was playing fine.

However today i started playing and I'm having a few issues.

I started playing Baseball on Wii Sports, and my Mii is just swinging on its own. I tried re-syncing and testing it but nothing is working.

My Wii seems to pick up my remotes sensor, i can navigate menus and stuff but when im trying to play games its not working.

For example when playing Zelda, if i swing the remote he doesnt swing is sword, but if i want to move the fairie or aim with my bow it detects it. Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section couldnt find anywhere else.

Regards, Pete.

It sounds like the accelerometer is defective.

You only have one Wiimote?

Yes only have the one, had it for about 3/4 days too. Are you suggesting this has to be replaced or is there any way to fix it?

Actually, there was just recently a thread on this same issue. Basically your accelerometer is somehow jammed inside the wii remote. Several things were suggested to the guy, but one thing (suggested by Brawny) finally worked.

Try hitting your remote to get the accelerometer un-stuck. First try it on soft stuff (your hand?) and then check it on your wii. If it doesnt work than hit it on progressively stronger stuff. DO NOT damage the outside of the remote, because if hitting it doesnt work, and you have to send it to Nintendo, than they might refuse to fix it. If youve tried hitting it several times and it still doesnt work properly, I suggest that you send it in to Nintendo to get it fixed.

Rep if info was helpful.

Lol thanks for the help. I whaled on it a few times and it decided to work :D Thanks guys.

Hey anytime man. Glad I could help. I hope that you have a good long stay at Wiichat! :wink:

Back