Wii remotes have both failed!

Spride

Lifes Helix!?
Mar 7, 2007
Gloucestershire
I have had my wii for a few months and had no problems until I downloaded some virtual console games, as soon as they were downloaded my wii has refused to communicate with the remotes, I have tried linking them again but nothing, all I get when I press the buttons on the controllers are 3 flashing blue lights on one and 4 on the other? Any ideas, can the console be restored to its preset condition?

damn AZ youre all over this like white on rice man :)

yes you can reformat the wii i believe and delete everything and then redownload what you have already bought.

what i suggest doing is if you get atleast one controller working, go to the wii menu and press the home key. then aim the pointer to the bottom and click on controller settings. then reset the controllers that way.
see if it does something if anything. when i downloaded a VC game, i couldnt get my second controller to work only the first one (the main one) would. then i did the controller settings and all of them worked fine.

hope that helps

I had something similar happen. The Wii just randomly forgot which remotes were synced. I had to play with the sync buttons on both the Wii and the Wiimotes a few times before they came back to life. Its only happened to me twice so I can't say why. After powering down the Wii and taking the batteries out from the Wiimote follow the method in the instruction manual about syncing a Wiimote and I bet it will work again.

Yeah this happened to me a couple of times, i think I just took out the battery's and put them back in and I was good.

After half an hour the remotes started working again - I had to resync one but the other was fine, strangely the screen you get to when turning on the Wii (where you press A to proceed) is now Black with white writing rather than white with black writing - I wonder if the Wii did some sort of update without telling me and deactivated the remotes? My Wii is linked to a wireless network whenever it is on.

Back