Wii ROCKS sales in Christmas!!! :)

lenitao3

Pswii or Wii360 ???
Dec 7, 2006
OMG....i've just found the latest Hardware - worldwide sales!!!

Wii has sold more than 1.5 millions in 1 week!!
(about 1 million more than it's rivals)

here:

Week ending: 22nd Dec 2007
----- Japan - America - Others ----Total

NDs - 319,209 - 905,868 - 821,575 2,046,652

Wii - 268,954 - 740,791 - 448,127 1,457,872

PSP - 175,346 - 278,968 - 271,056 725,370

Ps3 - 55,119 - 226,263 - 338,006 619,388

Xbox360 - 8,580 - 367,304 - 218,636 594,520

source: www.vgchartz.com

yeah....Ps3 passes Xbox360.....it's Wii's victory (once more)

Last edited:
Man silence.... You know thats a good thing! Hey but this is a Nintendo fan sight. It's always nice to see the FAd thing die a horrible death! Maybe the Wii is the only real console on the market when you think about it?
Arcade > 16 bit console
PS brand > handhelds
xbox and GC > PS2

The ones on the right always won the heart of the most games even though they are not seen as the best tech to do the job.

Face it the Wii is what the first playstation should have been if nintendo and sony would have made that system together!

Hell it's every thing you want in a console minus the crazy graphics card! That is if you actually like playing games. Playing and staring are two different things.

Then you add the fact that a lot of the really hyped games are not doing that well even though they cost more than two times the money to make.

If you look at the XBOXPS3 numbers they are mirroring the PSP. That is not a good thing at all. Hey but they do look better! Nintendo is just hitting these guys from all sides!

Last edited:
yeah i cant believe these numbers. ill wait for the numbers that actually mean something, NPD.

WiitnessID said:
Man silence.... You know thats a good thing! Hey but this is a Nintendo fan sight. It's always nice to see the FAd thing die a horrible death! Maybe the Wii is the only real console on the market when you think about it?
Arcade > 16 bit console
PS brand > handhelds
xbox and GC > PS2

The ones on the right always won the heart of the most games even though they are not seen as the best tech to do the job.

Face it the Wii is what the first playstation should have been if nintendo and sony would have made that system together!

Hell it's every thing you want in a console minus the crazy graphics card! That is if you actually like playing games. Playing and staring are two different things.

Then you add the fact that a lot of the really hyped games are not doing that well even though they cost more than two times the money to make.

If you look at the XBOXPS3 numbers they are mirroring the PSP. That is not a good thing at all. Hey but they do look better! Nintendo is just hitting these guys from all sides!
actually wii doesnt offer many good games yet..

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
yeah i cant believe these numbers. ill wait for the numbers that actually mean something, NPD.
ok....but you should not expect an important difference with these numbers!! :)

yeah....i'm happy about the Ps3 but more about Wii!!
Wii won.....again!!!

Last edited:
lenitao3 said:
ok....but you should not expect an impotant difference with these numbers!! :)

yeah....i'm happy about the Ps3 but more about Wii!!
Wii won.....again!!!
i'll expect anything i wish to.

Sovieto said:
i'll expect anything i wish to.
and what exaclty do you wish to????

also.......i think the wii has much better games than xbox360 and Ps3.....
i've been sooo bored of games like "shooter"....i don't like them anymore....Wii offers better/FUN games for everyone, most are Nintendo's games....

Last edited:
Dbomb3 said:
great... the ps3 finally gets a chance.

it doesn't deserve a chance. the games are bad and it's just oversized and pointless. many of them are faulty (iknow it's the same with all consoles but it's worse here) but we don't hear about this cos no one's buying them. and these sales are nothing for sony to be proud of

in my opinion the ps3 has died of death. sony has left the building, everybody

YES! I predicted the Wii would sell 18 million units this year and they are at the goal! That means you guys should take me seriously for my next prediction. End of 2008 the Wii will have 50 million units sold by then. Sony is catching up to Microsoft, and like I said if these two duke it out next year for second place they will only propel Nintendo to an insane lead. One of these two needs to decimate the other or the console wars will be like the prior with the PS2 in the lead and the other two, GC, Xbox sharing second place in almost a tie.

50 million eh. Tough call, but one I'll stick by. The release of SSBB and WiiFit, should help encourage that number. Same as if Nintendo release the black one.
Has anyone considered thats why there are still Wii shortages? I bet 1/2 of the ones theyre making are Black atm. Theyre just taking time to release it.

lenitao3 said:
and what exaclty do you wish to????

also.......i think the wii has much better games than xbox360 and Ps3.....
i've been sooo bored of games like "shooter"....i don't like them anymore....Wii offers better/FUN games for everyone, most are Nintendo's games....
lol another nintendo drone

watch out!!!

Greed!!!

Those numbers don't mean squat! What's to get excited about when those numbers have clearly been enhanced? I'm sure the hording drop of Dec 15th & 16th is responsible for creating those illusive numbers in an attempt to secure the #1 console of the year. Well I am sure it is reguardless, BUT leads me to suspect other things.

Now why would they do something like this? Is Nintendo feeling threatend by the other systems? Nah. No reason to be. Or maybe to fatten end of year bonuses? Massage the stocks? Profit Sharing boost? There is something fishy goinig on!!!

1.5 million units in week is great and all, but that number would have never happend if they didn't ask the large retailers to participate in a Wii hord that has created Wii madness across the globe. Just think, if those units were available througout the whole time, there probably would not have been such a huge market for $500+ Wii Sport bundles and more people could have gotten one for X-mas for retail price, but instead many people who would have never bought a Wii in the first place made some real good money of the dummies who payed more than double for a toy! It has even gone as far as people getting severely injured or even killed over a Wii?

Way to go Nintendo!

btw,
I love my Wii and I didn't fall victim to paying over retail for the 3 systems I bought (the other two I gave to my bro, and my niece and nephew for xmas) at the Target down the street from my house. I bought them in early December. I just stayed persistant and finally got them.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
actually wii doesnt offer many good games yet..

Well why does your sig have BWii in it? Stop generalizing and you will be a much happier gamer. How many good games do you need for it to offer enough good games for you, just wondering? Or is it certain game play you seek? Ignored the shovel ware and your selection of good games should easily match the games number on the 2nd place system.

Some times I wonder how long it's going to take the japan effect to spread. The first sign of it was people not playing games because of the game play but rather other standards. Be careful or you will become a victim of what you like. Or shall I say take for granted. The same hate that people have for the Wii can be turned on the other systems.

The only thing missing from the nintendo formula right now is the presents of the hype train. Hell they didn't even advertise most of their hardcore games this year. Hey but really if you are hardcore then you should have known what came out!

Also too the real fad is showing up this gen. You know what it is and it's called HD! Hell we could play on 3d projectors but we would still be playing the same games would we not? Yet the extra textures are great yet, normal mapping WOW, but you just wait it wears off and soon you expect every thing to use just that to wow you. I remember going to the arcade and experiencing the same thing. I loved the graphics but would I pay for them? Hell no 1 dollar WTF. Now crysis is a perfect example of this which is on the PC. I can afford to get a 360 and PS3 and the new Quad Core duos with as much ram as I need! Yet most people don't have extra cash.

It's a case of loving a Lambo yet not wanting to pay for it. The HD system only show gamers what the next gen graphics will be like with out next gen game play or ideas. This is the main problem.

People love to call Wii sport a non game or a mini game yet fail to realize gaming has always been about mini games, they just called those stages or level bonus stages LOL. I mean I wish people could make good mini games again some times! I tired of the bad story based games!

Hey but thats me! Who knows what every one else thinks!

Back