Wii - setting menu not working

Andy12

WiiChat Member
Jul 14, 2007
after I press the "wii setting" option. I get a window informing that the URL is not available and a should check my internet connection. I have not configurated my internet connection and now can't even see the setting menu.
Can someone help me.

Thanks

Your Wii is probably dead. I saw in another thread you had a Japanese Wii and I assume with a mod chip? If so one of your games from another region has killed it and there is no fix.

Does the screen look like this
cimg0001ei9.jpg

Hey Ciper,

Why don't you reply to the other thread from the same guy? This is just a repost. In addition, it was another guy responsed in the other thread that has a modded Japanese Wii with this problem. Andy did not say whether he has a Japanese, European, or US Wii. Lastly, there is a solution to the half-bricked US Wii but not the Japanese Wii. See the other thread.

that's exactly what i see when i try to access Settings from the menu, the only difference is that instead of the :EU/EU/...etc. i see :JP/JP..etc.

is there really no solution to this? has anyone ever tried asking Nintendo in what seems to be the problem here?

i got this error when i played US Mario Strikers Charged Football on my Jap Wii; when i first entered the disc, it didnt automatically play, instead it displayed some kind of error message that i can't understand(japanese), then i clicked the button(with a text that i cant also understand) under the message and it somehow updated something because it displayed little boxes flashing like some sort of "loading..." then afterwards i can already play the game without problems.. but the moment i tried accessing the settings, it displayed the page like that of the above post.. there seems to be no problem with playing any games and accessing the other channels, only problem is on the settings..

if anyone has an update to this issue, please let me know..

Your Wii is broken. The only current solution is to have it replaced. I support modified systems but have no sympathy for you because you did not do your homework before owning such a system. The problem you are experiencing is well known and could have easily been avoided.

Last edited:
Wait, can you still acces your wii menu and it's just the setting menu that causes that? If so I've heard that a certain game fixes this by making a new system update so fixing the wii settings. I just don't remember wich game.

The US version of Big Brain Academy can update and fix the problem of a modded US Wii, while there is no solution for the modded Japanese Wii yet. I guess you just need to wait until a new Japanese game that comes with new update on it. It is not permanently dead. By the way, a half bricked Wii can still play games.

ciper said:
The problem you are experiencing is well known and could have easily been avoided.

is there a way i could have prevented that? if so can you tell me how? are certain games really causing the half brick situation? do you have some sort of guide lines?

Even if you buy retail games from another region your safest way is to download the iso and use brickblocker to remove the update, then go online and verify you have the latest firmware before playing the game.

The SPM bricks from April of this year already established the guideline of not running other region games before a system update. The specific issue you are having with the strikers 2.2 update problem on US/JP Wii's has been known for 6 weeks!

edit: http://wbb.rockman18.com/?page=home&ln=en

Last edited:
Yes, the problem can be avoided. Just don't rush to play a new our of region game. Check the web to see if others have found problems with that game in self-update. I have a site but it is in chinese. I have posted the link to brickblocker a month or two ago when it was first out, but it seems it has been removed from the forum.

Back