Wii shop channel, I can't connect

Afforess

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Next to my Wii
I have a nintendo Wi-Fi Usb connector and I can send messages to my friends, I typed this from my Wii and can use the news and forecast channels. I have brought my Wii to my friends house and have even acessed the Wii shop channel their, but I get stuck at connecting please wait. I even tried leaving it on all night. No matter what I can never get on the wii shop channel. Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
mine just started doing this today, has worked prefectly fine before but only now am i having the same problem as you

cannon said:
mine just started doing this today, has worked prefectly fine before but only now am i having the same problem as you

If lots of people are having this problem, maybe they are having server issues. Mine just stopped working, after having successfully updated in order to be able to download the voting channel.

That either means there is an issue on their end or that the update to parental controls that they pushed out somehow bricked the Internet part of my console.

climbatiz said:
mines working :) i downloaded the voting channel, good stuff mayne!
As wonderful as it is to have a properly working Wii, I would prefer answers or advise to comments. No offence.:thumbsup:

Afforess said:
As wonderful as it is to have a properly working Wii, I would prefer answers or advise to comments. No offence.:thumbsup:
lol, i dont really know what it could be... um i know the wii shop channel seems slow sometimes, nintendo might have server problems, i mean i am a wii professor afterall :prrr:

The Wii Shop channel access issue it's a big problem. I ever had this problem, and, after many searches on worldwide web, i can say it's a very common problem...Now....i Hope Nintendo solve this annoying problem...quickly obviously!

Back