Wii shredding discs

Scipio

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Good morning,
I put in a used game disc from Blockbuster. There was a loud *crunch*, the system said it couldn't read the disc, and I ejected the disc to find it cracked beyond repair. I inserted a CD to see if it was shredding everything, but it just didn't read the CD. Then I put in another used game from Blockbuster, and it came out cracked, too.

I've noticed a red light come on a couple of times over the past few months. But the light wasn't red when the Wii broke the discs.

Any ideas?

Good morning to you as well, though I doubt you're having a very wonderful one... It's needless to say some part(s) of the disc drive are horribly broken. I'd imagine the only reasonable thing to do would be contacting Nintendo themselves to repair it. That could be rather costly as the level of repairs needed might be rather large, so you may want to consider getting a new used Wii since they're bloody cheap these days.

Various retailers may offer unofficial-but-professional repairs as well if you're interested in a budget option, but have no love for the notion of buyin' a new Wii.

Back