wii specs??

disturbed69

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2006
Does anyone know the specs of the wii yet?? i know ninty is keeping them under wraps but if there is any new info im sure all would like to know :lol:

System specs

Central Processing Unit (CPU)
IBM Broadway

Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
ATI Hollywood

Supported Resolution
Up to 480p

System Memory
Unknown

Internet Connectivity
WiFi 802.11 b/g

Media

Internal Storage
512MB Flash Memory

Optical Drive
12cm Wii Disc & 8cm GameCube Disc. Discs will self-load into the bay.

12cm Disc Capacity
4.7Gb (or 8.5Gb Dual Layer)

Memory Expansion
2 x SD Memory

Backward Compatibility

Downloadable Games
NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafix16

Disc Compatibility
GameCube

Connectivity

Wii Controller Ports
Wireless (at least 4)

GameCube Controller Ports
4 Ports

GameCube Memory Expansion
2 Ports

USB 2.0
2 Ports

Internet
Wireless IEEE802.11b/g or a USB LAN adaptor. WiiConnect 24 persistant connection, even when powered off.

Output ports
AV Multi-output port, allowing Composite, S-Video and Component.

Controller

Connection method
Bluetooth (wireless)

Wiimote Buttons
3 axis motion sensor, + Direction pad, A, B, Minus, Home, Power button, 1 and 2

Nunchuck Buttons
3 axis motion sensor, Analog stick, C and Z

Force feedback (rumble)
Yes

Other features
Wiimote has a speaker and an expansion port

And we knew about this for awhile......

yeah i knew all that. i was wondering if anyone knew more about it then just the codenames broadway and hollywood

The actual speed of the processing units has been kept a secret so people made up their own speeds and posted them everywhere, there is no confirmed speed, and you missed at least one spec, the video can also do dvi-d, it was confirmed with the accessories in Jap and should also work with the American one since the cable is not region specific, also the Wii-mote has Ir and positive sign, other than that I think you have all the official specs.

Last edited:
COLDshiver said:
CPU: 729mhz
GPU: 243mhz

Source: IGN
Which has never been confirmed, it was said once at a conference that the Wii was ONLY running at 729 mhz currently which would mean that it goes faster but geniuses at sites like IGN took that to mean that is the definite speed, they have been wrong on multiple occasions like when they started the rumor that Oct. 2nd was the release day, they were really wrong there and the GPU speed is from supposed insider spec stating it runs from 243 to I think it was 433 or somewhere around there, and they also said in the same supposed insider info that the Broadway ran at 1 ghz to 3.2 ghz, does anyone have a more reliable source than IGN with actual specs? I mean ATI and IBM made these so unless the Nintendo ninjas were leased out there should be some type of insider talking, maybe the ranged specs were real and thats why no one has them anymore, would kinda coincide with power saving though, low power slower speed when doing mundane tasks and speed up for games, oh no they have me, tell the worldddddddddddddd

Back