Wii Sports / Tennis - How to server a very fast ball?

duancg

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Wonder if anyone knows about the trick. Sometime the server can serve a ball realy fast (i.e., the ball even shows a tail when flying), I also happend to server a few like that, but pretty random, does any want to share the trcik fro that? :)

Thanks!

its not random, but it is hard to repeat

it seems like its about being smooth, going up and down at the right speed with equal force with the up swing as with the down swing

Yeh I've been wanting to know this also, sometimes I do it but sometimes I dont.

Tennis is kind of disappointing, cause you dont even have control of your character the game moves him for you. Also you cant choose whether to do a backhand or a forehand the game selects one!

Also in Tennis say your Mii is right of the screen and you set up for a forehand how do you get it so it goes directly straight not across your body?

every time i do a fast serve, i hold down A and B.. and have to release it at the perfect time... it works for me... about 60% of the time...

I find if i hold the wiimote on its side I do it a lot more than if I was holding it normaly

It's entirely about timing. If you hit the ball right after it gets to its highest point you'll get it. Make sure not to hit too early you have to wait till it gets to the highest point first then snap your arm down really fast. You don't really need to use your whole arm like you would with a real tennis serve I would actually recommend just snapping down your arm as though you were hitting a nail with a hammer it's a lot quicker that way so that you can time it better. After a little practcie you should be able to get it almost every time I was able to increase my skill points very quickly through winning games almost entirely on serves.

ketchupfreak said:
You gotta time it correctly so you hit the ball at the its highest peak.

That's about it. No need to press buttons. Just watch the replays closely.

Oh yea in reply to icetrash the direction that the ball goes is related to timing. If you hit the ball earlier it will go across your body but if you hit it later it will go the opposite way. Sometimes if you hit it really early you can get a really good angle shot in or if you hit it really late it will hit it across court the other way the only risky part is that based on where you are if you angle it too much sometimes it'll go out.

Icetrash said:
Tennis is kind of disappointing, cause you dont even have control of your character the game moves him for you. Also you cant choose whether to do a backhand or a forehand the game selects one!

I agree on the control of the character across the screen, but it is just a mini game dont' forget. I imagine a full blown tennis game with the nunchuk to control position will be absolutely amazing.

With regards to the forehand vs backhand - that's the same in every tennis game I've ever played - you only have control over which type of spin to put on the ball, you don't need to press a different button for backhand of forehand. In that respect I think the wii tennis is better given you actually have to swing with a backhand or forehand motion.

guys just wait till EA bring out thier sport games, as they have a whole delveopment team and section just for the Wii :)

i was only disapointed that you could not move around the ring in Boxing with the nunchuck

Wow, thanks! A lot of pros here :) I will practice all the tricks tonight.

Here's another trick: When volleying a ball with your front player in doubles, if you are relatively close to the net, hit the ball with an overhead shot as early as you can without missing and if you can hit a very sharp angle shot. Make sure you do this when you are near the middle of the court as oftentimes the angle is so sharp that the ball will go out.

In a full blown tennis game I would hope that you control your position by twisting the wii mote left/right

Back