Wii Tennis "Crossover Shot"

Saturbo

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Donka said:
To get good spin, as you strike the ball, pull your hand across your body i.e. if right handed open your hand up towards the screen and move it from right across to the left of you body to make the ball swerve to the right in flight and get a good kick off the ground. You would play a backhand shot by turning your hand in towards you body and pulling it from left across your body to the right to swerve it to the left.
Hope this description helps.
Could anybody please describe this movement a little more clearly. I am a shade under 2100, I've been owning Elisa and Sarah mercilessly for about a week now. I have the timing of the power serve to where I do it 90-95%+ of the time.

I would like to get the "crossover" shot down. Every so often the computer does it to me where the flight of the ball suggests it will be a forehand return, but the bounce takes it to your backhand side (and vice versa). I can handle it pretty well most of the time, but I figure this might be the devil in PvP and I'd like to get this down cold.

Other than that, I suppose I do need to work on the velocity of the shots I hit with my net guy. I thought I was pretty good until I saw this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMIKhOnrIgA

This guy is amazing with his net guy. Too many of my cross court shots tend to sail. With this guy, everything is hard and fast. Very impressive.

Yeah, the front man is very important. I don't ever use the back unless I somehow miss. You just gotta learn to make them dive to one side to return and then quickly hit it to the far opposite side.

Idk about crossover shots, ask Tyler xD

The crossover shot is simply a spinning shot isn't it. You think its going to your right hand side but it swings to your back hand side at the last moment. To do a spinning shot follow these instructions.

Spin in Wii Sports Tennis 101

To spin it Wii Sports Tennis, all you need to do is twist for wrist when you hit the ball. Lets start with forehand. All instructions are for right handers.
Everyone knows that to play a normal forehand ground stroke; simply hold your controller horizontally out to the right with the buttons facing up and motion forward. To play a forehand spin stroke, there is a slight alteration to this motion. Before you start the forward motion, twist your wrist so the buttons are facing the television. As you swing forward and slightly down twist your wrist upwards so the buttons end up facing the ceiling. This should result in a spinning stroke.

For backhand spin, basically repeat the same motions on the left side of your body. You will probably find that starting your swing with the buttons facing the television causes strain on the wrist. To aid this, instead of the buttons facing forward and twisting upwards during the swing, start the buttons facing upwards and twist them to the back during the swing.

These processes work 90% of the time for me.

If you need further help, just post again.

One word, and one word only. Timing. It's all down hill from there.

Tbh, the guy from that video isn't that great at the net.

To go crosscourt ("cross over" as you say), you swing early. To go down the line, you swing later. To lob you make a low to high motion. For slice, the opposite. Pretty simple. I got bored of Wii Tennis so fast. ^.^ Real tennis FTW.

He's not talking about crosscourt shots, he's talking about strokes that spin/swing from one side of the player to the other.

I think...

Back