need help with wii sports tennis

cptpooface

WiiChat Member
Jan 24, 2007
I have already read a couple of posts about this but they didn't really help me with my problems. First, Me and my buddy have been playing for about three or four days, I can do awesome forehand shots, and he can do awesome backhand shots, but we both want to be able to do both forehand and backhand shots. We have tried to help eachother, but we just can't figure it out. When I shoot a forehand shot I put awesome top spin on it, it justs barely clears the top of the net and it is always hard to return, but he can't stop lobbing the forehand shot. Everytime he takes a forehand shot he lobs it extremely high in the air. He tries to swing from a high position to a low position, but it never works, he also tries to twist his wrist to give it top spin but it never works. I can't figure out what he is doing different from me, it looks like he is doing the same thing. Can someone help us out, he tried exaggerating it by starting up at about ear level, and swinging almost straight down, but it stills lobs it, we are really stuck, and it's no fun playing against eachother because all I have to do is shoot it to his forehand and he will lob it back to me.

I love to play a net game, but I am having a lot of troubles playing it effectively. What I mean by net game is using the guy at the net to hit the ball. I know that he can usually jump extremely high to get the ball and I don't have any problems hitting the ball. What I do have problems doing is aiming the ball. I have had a ton of situations where both guys on the other team are on one side and all I have to do is hit it to the other side for the point and I can't. Is it just timing like a regular shot? And if it is, how can you time it effectively? The ball is usually coming so quickly that I just have to swing as soon as I can to make sure I hit the ball. I have also read that you can hit a shot that does some crazy spinning when it hits the ground. I think it can do something like change directions, from going to his backhand to is forehand. How do you do this shot. My last question is how to get a good serve. My buddy can do it a lot, but I have only hit the good serve twice since we started playing. I am talking about when there is a trail behind the ball, and sometimes you can ace someone with it. I know you are supposed to hit it at the peak of the toss, but I swear I am hitting it then and it never does a good serve. Is there any way to practice or get better at the timing? Thanks for any help any one can give me.

ok. first of all it's all about timing as to where the shot goes, sometimes the ball is just lobbed, the rest of the time, if you hit the ball early on a forehand shot, it will go to the left, just let your mate practice loads of forehand, keep hitting it to him on his forehand, and see if he can do it. do the same for your backhand.

Now for the net play, it is all about timing, on a forhand, the ball goes to the left if you hit it to early, and goes to the right if you hit it to late, it goes straight if you hit it perfect (perfect means it is right next to your side) and visa versa for backhand.

For the forehand thing, have him take the remote and hold it straight up, so the buttons are facing away from the TV, back towards him, then when it comes tilt the remote a little to the left (forehand), and flick it forward. I play this way when I am sitting down and playing, and most of the time, this is to extreme, as it hits the net. Play around with that.

The power serve is all timing, you have to hit it at the peak. It just takes practice.

Net Game, again all timing, swing earlier or later than you think you should and see if that helps with the angles.

Back