wii to HDMI TV?

There is a way though... If you get a Compostie to HDMI converter box or one that has Component to HDMI from Amazon, or whoever sells them. Then you could attach the Wiis Composite or Component cables to the box (must be one or the other speficic to the cables your using) and have it go HDMI out.

Ok. I am in the process of buying a Wii. I'm not techy so get me up to date. I have a HDMI TV. Will there be a problem using the Wii? Give me a break, I'm 50 and just starting out with this gaming thing.

No wii only use component or rca or svideo. No hdmi. But try one of the dongles I suggested and it will work for hdmi. Not sure how good but it is supposed to work.

Yes but it is going to cost you. You need:

1 HDMI cable $5.00
1 Wii Component Cable $8.00
1 Component to HDMI Converter box $$35
1 RCA to Mini plug audio adapter 75 cents (Depending on the type converter box.)

So...you have just added $50 buck to the cost of the Wii. I just got mine installed and it works great. Buy all online and NOT through Wii. HDMI has been out long enough they should have a proper connection. They do NOT simply because they want to sell you the Wii U.

I use my Wii with the RCA cords and set my Wii to wide screen.

Does your TV have a component input available? If so, get the Wii component cable for just a few bucks and you're good to go. If not, read on ...

I faced the same problem recently when I finally replaced my old tube TV with a new HDTV. The trouble with these newer models is that they don't have a lot of analog inputs for legacy devices. Mine only had one composite (VCR) and one component (DVD). That left the Wii with nothing. So I got one of the Wii to HDMI dongles referenced earlier. In my case it's this one from the BestDealUSA vendor:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PY3ZPG/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

This is actually a remarkable deal: I have not seen any other kind of analog-to-HDMI converter that costs just $25. What I can tell you after a month of use is that this thing works reasonably well. It transmits both video and audio, so you only need the HDMI cable. Just plug the dongle into your Wii, plug the HDMI cable into the dongle, and you're all set. This unit has a 720p/1080p switch, but I cannot discern any difference in image quality. After all, the Wii only outputs 480p. For my case, there were a couple of issues:

Problem 1: my Wii's high audio output level caused sound distortion on my TV.

Solution 1: plugging a pair of unused headphones into the audio jack on the dongle reduced the audio level enough to eliminate the distortion.

Problem 2: brightness levels are extreme in the conversion to HDMI. Darks are too dark, brights are too bright.

Solution 2: fiddle with TV's video settings. Actually, I don't notice this issue most of the time. It's only noticeable with Netflix.

The ViewHD and similar Wii/HDMI dongle is probably the most elegant solution, since you get to use a single HDMI cable. But I did notice another possible solution on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-PS3-VGA-H...=1356655126&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+vga+converter

Many HDTVs also have a VGA + audio input for use with computers. This adaptor claims to allow you to use that input with your Wii. VGA is an analog signal, so it makes sense. But I've had no experience with this, and the reviews seem to show that results are mixed.

I have a good home theatre system with a good receiver. All inputs run into the receiver and then the receiver feeds all signals to the TV. Wii sounds really good on a nice system BTW.

Back