Hdmi?

mitters

WiiChat Member
Feb 2, 2010
chicago
Sorry if this has already been posted, i'm new at this.

I just got a new LED TV with very limited analog connectivity, as such i don't have enough ports on the back to hook up my wii.

Is there any way to get my wii output to an HDMI cable, i'm not looking to improve picture quality etc. simply trying to get it to work with my TV.

Please help!

No, as of right now there is no HDMI cable available for the Wii. The lack of production is because the Wii is only capable of 480p resolution, although that is not your reasoning for wanting one. Looks like your going to have to free up some television inputs. I would recommend purchasing the Wii component cable if you don't already have it.

Last edited:
sadly the tv only has one component in, and no S video. Can i hook it up using VGA? if so what would i do for sound?

Hooking up Wii via VGA is possible. However, you need to purchase one of two things.

This first link below is for a VGA cable designed specifically for the Wii. However, to receive audio with this cable, your television needs to have the composite audio inputs that function with the VGA input, which is usually only available on computer monitors. (This cable is specifically designed for connection with computer monitors).

Wii VGA Cable: http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

The second option is this converter box which takes the signal from the composite cable you input and converts it to an VGA signal for output. This can also convert audio so that you can hook up standard PC audio to your television. There is a PC audio output on most converter boxes, and I am positive that beneath your VGA input on your TV there is a small input (which looks like a head phone input) for PC audio.

Here is a link for a converter box. You can find them all over the web for various prices, depending on all of their functions.

Converter Box: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817707114&ATT=17-707-114&CMP=OTC-17exta6&nm_mc=OTC-17exta6&cm_mmc=OTC-17exta6-_-KVM+(Keyboard+-+Video+-+

Back